Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We can see which countries are most affected and why

And who can deal with adults or young people

Who gets the most women or men?

I think that all you're likely to find out from replies here, is how many people in each of your categories has replied to your post, which will bear no relation to the actual number of diabetics worldwide or their distribution by sex age, country, etc.

Robbity

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Quick Google. There are over 4 million people with Type 2 Diabetes in the UK. Of this number there is a slighly higher proportion of men than women. There is an estimated number of half a million people yet to be diagnosed. Both of these figures are set to rise. Of those already diagnosed there has been a marked increase in T2 among younger people but I could find no figures that are age specific.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I think if you do not benefit from publishing your information at least you will not lose anything
It's as a cut-off picture The pieces must be collected with a piece to complete the picture

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What you must bear in mind is the security with regards to any personal information shared on line. I do not fill out surveys for this reason. Plus, if all the active members gave the answers to your question who exactly would benefit? As there are far more inactive members than there are active ones you would only be able to gather a snippet of the whole. At best, we would really only be learning what we (active members) already know.
The U.K is probably one of the most watched countries in the world, data is gathered from multiple sources. This is how *they* get their statistics.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I think if you do not benefit from publishing your information at least you will not lose anything
It's as a cut-off picture The pieces must be collected with a piece to complete the picture

This doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Doesn't seem to be a point to it. Or am I missing something?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Doesn't seem to be a point to it. Or am I missing something?

I think this means that even if you don't gain anything at least you don't lose anything by answering the questions. The second bit is about filling in the pieces of a jig saw puzzle (?).

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I really do not know maybe this is forbidden in some countries

I just hope we can provide any information to those who matter

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I think this means that even if you don't gain anything at least you don't lose anything by answering the questions. The second bit is about filling in the pieces of a jig saw puzzle (?).
Thank you. You said exactly what I wanted to say thank you

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I really do not know maybe this is forbidden in some countries

I just hope we can provide any information to those who matter

It is not forbidden. We have access to the data I quoted earlier but that data is given anonymously. You are asking questions of us in a more personal manner which some members feel is a waste of time as the personal details play no part in the overall picture.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

I just don't see any benefit to answering the questions as shown in the example by the OP....

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
It is not forbidden. We have access to the data I quoted earlier but that data is given anonymously. You are asking questions of us in a more personal manner which some members feel is a waste of time as the personal details play no part in the overall picture.
I understand you Guzzler
I do not mean to interfere in the personal situation of anyone I meant to help ourselves we need to study the problem not to treat it

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I just don't see any benefit to answering the questions as shown in the example by the OP....

I am not sure of the benefits either. It may have been lost in translation.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I understand you Guzzler
I do not mean to interfere in the personal situation of anyone I meant to help ourselves we need to study the problem not to treat it

I agree that we must study but knowing for example how many 42 year old males living in Scotland have T2 does not teach me anything. All I need to study is T2 and how it affects me and those I love.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree its pointless Not least because the number of people undiagnosed with Diabetes will vary according to the quality of healthcare in each country and is great unknowable in any conclusion's you may reach

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Agree its pointless Not least because the number of people undiagnosed with Diabetes will vary according to the quality of healthcare in each country and is great unknowable in any conclusion's you may reach
Well no problem