How long?!

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys :) just a quick question to all of you on the pump.. I've been fighting to get on one for about a year now and I'm beginning to get somewhere .. I've done DAFNE and according to my health team I'm doing really well with it.. I was just wondering how long after doing DAFNE that you got the pump was it a matter of months or was it longer?

ash86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi novowolf,
I did DAFNE the first week of July and I think I'm getting the pump in September. Another person on my DAFNE course is getting hers in two weeks. It all depends on the hospital I think. Have you had the initial meeting with the pump consultant?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not yet I'm sure I'm seeing him after my next review in November.. will it be soonish after that? Coz I'm not gonna lie MDI is highly iratating after DAFNE when your having to inject like 2 or 3 units it feels almost pointless

ash86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I think as soon as the consultant approves it, they send a letter off for funding and it's just a matter of waiting for the pump to arrive :D
Oh I know how irritating MDI is lol I had my DAFNE follow up yesterday and even they had no suggestions how to fix my BGs lol
Good luck with it, I hope you don't have to wait too long :thumbup:

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
It will vary from hospital to hospital, I did DAFNE back in September 2007, but I didn't actually request to start on a pump until the end of March this year (I went on the pump at the start of July).
Someone I know is doing DAFNE in November and they're hoping to have her on the pump by around January 2014 dependent on how it all goes with DAFNE etc.

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App