How low do you go?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No big discussions or debates desired here and in fact are unwanted as I don’t want to get sucked down that rabbit hole, but following on from another thread discussing the potential removal of meat from the worldwide diet I’m curious how manageable it is (in my eyes) to be truly low carb and plant based.

1. how low do you go carb wise on a daily basis (estimation is fine) whilst eating either

A) Vegetarian or pescatarian ie still having dairy etc or
B) Vegan.

2. where do the majority of those carbs come from? Eg veg /grain / pulses / manufactured products.

3. what, if anything, is the biggest hurdle?

Reactions: paul4147

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No big discussions or debates desired here and in fact are unwanted as I don’t want to get sucked down that rabbit hole, but following on from another thread discussing the potential removal of meat from the worldwide diet I’m curious how manageable it is (in my eyes) to be truly low carb and plant based.

1. how low do you go carb wise on a daily basis (estimation is fine) whilst eating either

B) Vegan.

2. where do the majority of those carbs come from? Eg veg /grain / pulses / manufactured products.

Not counting carbs but my blood sugars is rising i think. I try to eat less carbs as much possible, I am eating less then ever. Still weight is consistent to be around 45.5 kg with height 5'2".
Two cups dal a day, tofu 200gm, lots if green veggies, 5-6 medium tomatoes, low fat mostly vegan.
Planning to add egg whites to increase protien in diet.
Biggest hurdel is to keep blood sugar down.

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

B) Vegan.

1. I eat between 150-200g per day. Plant based with a random Greek yogurt or egg dish tossed in when traveling and my choices are limited. There are people who are vegan keto, so I guess you can get pretty low.

2. vegetables and legumes.

3. No hurdles.