How many carbs per meal is ok for type 2

muckinfunkie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello new to group and i`v done the LCHF diet but like most say its high in sat fat which can be bad.....I tend to clean eat where as i eat fat but watch the sat fat count.....i`m wondering how many carbs per day/meal is right for weight loss.
Thanks in-advance.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Saturated fat is bad? That's news to me.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as carbs your milage may vary but many stay under 30 or 40 and some less than 20 per day

For weight loss, in my experience the less the better. I stay under 20 per day for weight maintenance as well as bs

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Take a look at DietDoctor http://www.dietdoctor.com/ it may help you learn more about LCHF and the proportions of carbs/protein/fats - there is also a calculator online (can't remember the link).

I eat and enjoy good fats, and 8kgs down in 3 months so not complaining (cholestorol also down )

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@muckinfunkie

Rule of thumb for me is 15g of carbs at breakfast and 30g at lunch and evening meal. If you're trying to lose weight, you need to watch the calories as well - targets for me are 150 for breakfast and 300 to 400 for lunch and evening meal. Have more or less stuck to that since Christmas and have lost two and a half stone as a result, blood sugar levels are much improved and I've halved my insulin doses.

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 people