1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How Many Carbs

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by GlitterSparkles, Jul 6, 2018.

1. GlitterSparkles

GlitterSparkles Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hi basal is 1 unit, before bed.so lowest amount possible.

2. GlitterSparkles

at present on a weekly basis some point of contact, visit etc!!! they dont really have an answer apart from up the amount of food, and that the carb/insulin ratio isnt working so mums on trial and error to keep my levels even so i dont have to eat every 1.5 hours, but using fruit inbetween meals so i have most of my 5 a day :)

3. Jayden2407

Jayden2407 · Well-Known Member

Your mum or yourself can down load the carbs and cals app, it is fantastic when you’re carb counting

4. GlitterSparkles

5. Featherstar11

Featherstar11 Type 1 · Newbie

When I was diagnosed last month I was eating 60-70 carbs, but now that I’m going back to my normal schedule I’m eating 40-60 carbs so that I don’t eat to much or too many un-needed carbs. I hope that helps.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook