How Many Times A Day Do You Test Fot Sugar Levels?

MYY

What times? What intervals?

I generally test my sugar the first thing in the morning at fasting and I can't seem to get below 8 mmol/l.

Do I ask my doctor to increase my insulin or what?

AntLockyer

The lowest number I would ever do is 4
Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, Bed

Highest could be 10 or more I guess if I have to drive a lot and am doing post meal testing.

If my morning BG is 8 2 days in a row I would increase my own insulin but that is because I do whatever I want :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Usually between 6-8 times but up to 10 if I'm driving a lot or more active than usual.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
How do you manage to test 6-8 times a day, do you buy your own strips? I get the equivalent of 5 strips per day off the health insurance (i live in Germany). I try to save them up for the weekend when i'm extremely active i.e. test 3 times a day during the working week and 7 - 9 times on the weekend after running / cycling / rowing etc. Still do exercise in the evening after work but not at the same intensity as weekends. Occasionally i buy the SD codefree strips to supplement my allowance but they always read to high and I haven't quite calibrated them with my other meter.

MYY

AntLockyer said:
The lowest number I would ever do is 4
Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, Bed

I assume you test 2 hours after breakfast, lunch and dinners.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Only if i'm eating something different to the normal meals low carb meals which are pretty much the same day to day . Working days I test on waking , before bed and after my evenings rowing session. My last HBA1C was 5 % so i'm not missing anything based on this result. Strenuous exercise and low carb really do work. Next step is the 4% club.

AntLockyer

MYY said:
I assume you test 2 hours after breakfast, lunch and dinners.
Correct me if I am wrong.

I test before meals as a minimum and after meals when I'm trying to guage if I got my timing and ratios correct and to learn what foods do what.

Cblake843 said:
How do you manage to test 6-8 times a day, do you buy your own strips? I get the equivalent of 5 strips per day off the health insurance (i live in Germany)..

NHS gives me whatever I need in order to live my life in the way I need to. If they restricted to 5 strips a day I'd never be able to drive anywhere.