How much can I take?

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Doctor put me on 10mg Dapagliflozin a day nearly a year ago now, in basic terms it makes you pee the sugar out of your body. A side affect of this for some people is Thrush and I am one of those people, so the doctor prescribed 150mg Fluconazole, this is a simple take one tablet job. But the paperwork that comes with the tablet does not say how long that one tablet is supposed to last or how frequently I can take the Fluconazole tablet.

Does anybody else know the answer and do you have a natural remedy for dealing with Thrush (and please don't say smearing yourself in natural yogurt)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the paperwork that comes with the tablet does not say how long that one tablet is supposed to last or how frequently I can take the Fluconazole tablet.
You should be asking your GP or Pharmacist this question, as we can't recommend dosage on medications.

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I fully understand Riva and fully intend to do so but like many, getting an appointment just to talk to the Doctor is weeks, so I was asking if anybody else had had this same issue. I would consider myself intelligent enough to not to change the dosage of my medication just because somebody else was taking something different to me, everybody is different.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting GP appointments here is a rare occurrance. My local, independent pharmacy, has stepped up and deals with all queries regarding medication. I find the pharmacists more knowledgeable than doctor about medications, the dosage and possible contraindications than the doc. Perhaps that would be an option for you, @xendistar?
Hope you get some relief soon.

Reactions: EllieM