How much carbohydrates turn into glucose ?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
How Much Carbohydrates Turn Into Glucose

In fact, I do not know whether my question was logical or not But I ask him I hope to find a logical answer !
For example, if i eat a meal of fifty grams of carbohydrates. How much should be after the digestion is complete

The glucose level was glucose 100mg/dl

How much should be after the digestion is complete Or is it different from one patient to another ?
Because I will know how much carbohydrate is allowed in each meal

D

Deleted Account

I think your question is what the relationship between the carbohydrates you eat and the rise in BG that comes from it. Can you determine how much your BG will rise after 100g (for example) of carbohydrates have been completely digested?
This is different for everyone depending upon how much insulin your body produces, your level of insulin resistance and the length of time the carbohydrates take to digest.

Reading many of the great comments on this forum, it seems that the only way to find out what impact different quantities of different food with different about of carbohydrates is to eat it and test your BG.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
100% of the carbohydrates are converted into glucose, however, some of this becomes fat on our liver instead of increased BG. (A small amount is also stored as a carbohydrate in our liver.)

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbohydrates are either sugar, starch, or fibre.
In the UK a carbohydrate content measures only sugar and starch.These are converted to glucose by the body.
In the US a carbohydrate content also includes fibre which the body can't process, and passes through the body.
In the US subtract fibre from total carbs, or look for a net carbs figure.

As @helensaramay has said no one can tell you what effect carbs will have on your levels. Simple carbs have a more direct hit, while complex carbs can take longer to raise your levels. What carbs are eaten with can also affect the hit rate, as can drinking alcohol.

Testing is the key to finding out which carbs affect you most.
Geoff

Reactions: HICHAM_T2