1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How much difference did SR metformin make

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Hendie, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Hendie

Hendie · Active Member

Hi, just wondering how much difference (side-effect wise) did the SR metformin actually make compared to the normal metformin.

I couldnt cope with the normal metformin and had to stop after about 1-2 weeks the stomach problems it was causing were just too much. Just got my SR metformin and im going to start it tonight. im just hoping it will make a difference.

Steve

2. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

SR didn't really make much difference to me.

Also - they came with their own side effects (for me). They would pass through my system whole, and undigested. Sometimes they would swell up a little, too.

Very weird.

3. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

SR Helped me greatly but it did take a couple of weeks to settle down so give it time
    CAROL

4. SparkJack

SparkJack Type 2 · Well-Known Member

SR Metformin worked for me. So much better than the 'other' kind. I take mine in the morning and evening just after I've finished eating- most of the time. Settled down fine.

5. Unbeliever

Unbeliever · Well-Known Member

Yes worked fine for me too-such a relief.. I think it took a week or so o setle down hough,

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook