How much do these vitamin tablets raise sugar?

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, recently been using these vitamin soluble tablets from Tesco. Stupid me didn't check the ingredients but noticed they contain.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Maltodextrin
Glucose
Fructose

Why?

But anyway, how much do you reckon 1 tablet dilluted in water, raises the sugars? Or who has used them and noticed spikes?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How much does each tablet weigh?
Even if it was pure sugar, it could only raise your bg by thesame as an equivalent amount of sugar/carb.

Unless, of course, you have some kind of reaction to it, or one of the other ingredients (some food intolerances can raise blood glucose, but that is a very individual thing).

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much does each tablet weigh?
Even if it was pure sugar, it could only raise your bg by thesame as an equivalent amount of sugar/carb.

Unless, of course, you have some kind of reaction to it, or one of the other ingredients (some food intolerances can raise blood glucose, but that is a very individual thing).

Hello, thankyou for replying, 1 tablet weighs 30 grams, I checked the nutrition online and there was no carb information, but each tablet provides 0 calories, does that mean the amount of sugar in these tablets is pretty much negligable? I also only drink it while eating my dinner or tea.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, thankyou for replying, 1 tablet weighs 30 grams, I checked the nutrition online and there was no carb information, but each tablet provides 0 calories, does that mean the amount of sugar in these tablets is pretty much negligable? I also only drink it while eating my dinner or tea.

No worries! :)

Are you sure each tablet weighs 30g? That would make them each around the size of a medium strawberry.

I havent used that b-active brand, but i regularly used to drink Sambucol effervescent black elderflower tabs, and they came in a v similar tube. Each tablet was probably only 2-3g, and they had a negligible effect on my bg (i am T2, not T1)

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No worries! :)

Are you sure each tablet weighs 30g? That would make them each around the size of a medium strawberry.

I havent used that b-active brand, but i regularly used to drink Sambucol effervescent black elderflower tabs, and they came in a v similar tube. Each tablet was probably only 2-3g, and they had a negligible effect on my bg (i am T2, not T1)

I didn't mean to put the 0 on the end, yes its 3g each tablet. Well that is good to know I was just wondering what effects they have had on others, I will test it when fasting to see if there is a rise :p

Reactions: Brunneria