1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How much do these vitamin tablets raise sugar?

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Dixon1995, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Dixon1995

Dixon1995 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, recently been using these vitamin soluble tablets from Tesco. Stupid me didn't check the ingredients but noticed they contain.

[​IMG]

Maltodextrin
    Glucose
    Fructose

Why?

But anyway, how much do you reckon 1 tablet dilluted in water, raises the sugars? Or who has used them and noticed spikes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

How much does each tablet weigh?
    Even if it was pure sugar, it could only raise your bg by thesame as an equivalent amount of sugar/carb.

Unless, of course, you have some kind of reaction to it, or one of the other ingredients (some food intolerances can raise blood glucose, but that is a very individual thing).

3. Dixon1995

Hello, thankyou for replying, 1 tablet weighs 30 grams, I checked the nutrition online and there was no carb information, but each tablet provides 0 calories, does that mean the amount of sugar in these tablets is pretty much negligable? I also only drink it while eating my dinner or tea.

4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

No worries! :)

Are you sure each tablet weighs 30g? That would make them each around the size of a medium strawberry.

I havent used that b-active brand, but i regularly used to drink Sambucol effervescent black elderflower tabs, and they came in a v similar tube. Each tablet was probably only 2-3g, and they had a negligible effect on my bg (i am T2, not T1)

5. Dixon1995

I didn't mean to put the 0 on the end, yes its 3g each tablet. Well that is good to know I was just wondering what effects they have had on others, I will test it when fasting to see if there is a rise :p

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook