1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How much Insulin you are taking? Just curious

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by edmundozeta, Jul 4, 2017.

1. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Fenn prebolusing is when you inject insulin in advance of eating so the action of the insulin coincides with the action of the meal.

Timing of insulin is personal to the individual and the food type, and is usually a case of trial and error and safer when done with use of a CGM type device for close monitoring.

2. Fenn

Fenn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

oh... doh! of course! thank you

yes I do :)

3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Roseanne01 are you just on mixed insulin? Asking for basal bolus may help and give you food choices that suit you.

4. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

How are you getting on @david1968?

5. Mep

Mep Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It's important to do what works for you. :) People shouldn't be pushing anything on to anyone as firstly they are not medically trained and do not know what your medical needs and circumstances are. It's a work in progress to find what works, and it's very much an individual journey. I've tried quite a few things since being diagnosed in 1998. I'm now dealing with quite a few health issues and I'm simply not able to please them all including diabetes at times. All I can do is my best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sammymore

sammymore Type 2 · Newbie

7. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

On 800cals I drop to 74units of triple strength basal. 25units of Novarapid x3.

It was 92 of triple strength basal and 40x3 bolus.

8. Roseanne01

Roseanne01 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’m on lantus and novo rapid. Recently dropped trulicity And Metformin. I’m seeing my endo on Monday for support. My heart has now recovered so I can exercise but my kidneys are dicey. So it’s going to be trial and error. Finding around 20u lantus pre sleep, and between 25 and 15u bolus seems to work. My diabetes still responds to exercise really well, so getting my fitness back so I get rid of the 10k's I’ve put on since my pacemaker implant. Going to keep updating on here, it’s all such an experiment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roseanne01

Roseanne01 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yep. I've had dilated cardiomyopathy but my heart is now great, renal failure and various bits and pieces. Balancing it all especially during big my heart recovery has been hard. But I actually worry about low carb and the impact on kidneys and liver. Just have to be less sensitive. Thank you.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook