Drinking too much water can cause several issues, your body will flush out essential salts and minerals, worse case is hypoatremia also know as water poisoning.
I drink a fair amount of water easily 3/4 litres a day, everybody is different.
I drink to the colour of my urine, here is a list if colours and problems
https://health.ucsd.edu/news/features/Pages/2014-04-21-colors-that-suggest-urine-trouble.aspx
It sounds to me that you should see your GP and see what is suggested. Such a thirst usually indicates something isn't quite right and high blood glucose is one of the causes. Are you suggesting this has only happened since taking Metformin? Have you been able to check your blood glucose levels?
May I ask when you are having the highs and lows in relation to food? Metformin should not cause lows. Are you going very high after eating and then crashing very low quickly?
It's common to shed fluid when you start low carb - it's recommended that you take extra salt or even supplement with electrolytes. See point 4 of this article:
https://authoritynutrition.com/5-most-common-low-carb-mistakes/
It's common to shed fluid when you start low carb - it's recommended that you take extra salt or even supplement with electrolytes. See point 4 of this article:
https://authoritynutrition.com/5-most-common-low-carb-mistakes/
Yes, I am very low before meals and then high after, but then way back down again very soon after, within a couple of hours or so. From reading other posts here I think I need to eat small amounts every 3hrs-ish to help with the swings so I will try that this week. I don't actually like eating and do not usually have a good appetite. Before this I was having one small main meal a day in the evening and 1/2 a sandwich at lunch time (still the size of a small house tho!) and rarely had sweets/snacks as they make me feel sick. Now I'm having 3 small meals a day with low carbs with some snacks like a handful of almonds in between when I get wobbily. I also read that it can take some time for my body to get used to burning fats instead of carbs so I'm thinking the swings are something to do with that as well. It's early days yet so will keep on monitoring to find a good level of food/excercise.
Thanks for your reply!
Have you had a read of the Reactive Hypoglycaemia threads?
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/reactive-hypoglycemia.70/
You may find the issues discussed there could ring some bells and be of help.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?