How Often Do You Test Blood Sugars?

shellkl

Hi,
I was diagnosed last week and have been advised to monitor sugar levels. How often should I be testing?

Many thanks

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
I was diagnosed last week and have been advised to monitor sugar levels. How often should I be testing?

Many thanks
I test as soon as I get out of bed and at bedtime. It is not really necessary but I like the data.

The most important tests are immediately before you eat and 2 hours after the first bite. You are looking for a rise of no more than 2. If you have a rise over 2 then your meal had too many carbs or your portion was too large.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Many thanks

Shell - I can't tell from your profile which variant of diabetes you have been diagnosed with (although your question sits in the T2 area). If you could confirm, that might influence some responses you might get.

You can update your profile to reflect your type, by going to your account settings and selecting from the drop down menu.

shellkl

Shell - I can't tell from your profile which variant of diabetes you have been diagnosed with (although your question sits in the T2 area). If you could confirm, that might influence some responses you might get.

You can update your profile to reflect your type, by going to your account settings and selecting from the drop down menu.

Will do that now thank you. Am type 3. HbA1c was 53 at most recent test (also 53 a month earlier)

Reactions: DCUKMod