How old was you??

LAP17796

I was 12 when I got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, October 15th 2008, I am 16, 17 in 2 months and it didnt impact my life within the first 2 years and all of my blood sugars were stable, however in the last 2 years I recieved a great deal of stress and have been unable to gain control again, I do believe ill get there soon though! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Fudge packer

I was 16 when I got diagnosed with diabetes, it was really hard for me at first to deal with it but knuckled down, but my blood sugars were never under control till I was about 22. But these days I'm suffering with foot ulcer and bone infection so not going right for me at the moment.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

rochari

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 8yo, I'm now 60 so it's been with me a lifetime. I grew up in house with two other type 1's, my mother and grandmother so from the start it was all very disciplined. Yes it changed my life. Good times and bad times equally and many times I have hated the illness with a passion. Still no complications but I think that's good fortune and possibly the direct genetic link which has been hinted at by doctors many times.

Bill