How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

Lezzles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
I was 19 and originally mis-diagnosed as type 2 took 5 years for them to realise they were wrong.
Original diagnosis was 11 years ago.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Ann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought that should be a great idea to share our experiences;)

I got diagnosed by 21 and have it now for 6 weeks, but my doc told me he never had a patient that handled it so well:D

I was 16 and that was 41 years. I am on an insulin pump.

emmaclaire06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Selfish people
I was diagnosed type 2 at 34 but some 12 mths later they changed it to type 1 as nothing they did worked suffer DKA a lot went on a pump in November 13

mcwarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was Diagnosed 4 weeks ago, type 1, at 51, so not a nice present at my age. Like has been said before, everyone says you need to be young to get type 1, so i must be young in mind, body and soul.
Although a shock, coping well and getting on with things. just think it could have been something a lot worse, and there people worse off than me about.
Doc said he was surprised i was still standing lol.

babyboscher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Diagnosed 2005. Was only 8 years old. Now 17 so been 9 years and still having daily struggles!

Chris077

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 24 now 37, had some really good support in the early years but not so much recently

ck18

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 52 and sad diagnosis as type 1 at end of March this year.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed on 17th April 1981, a date that will be with me forever, when I was 19. How I survived through the first 10 years or so I will never know. At that time there was no blood testing simply urine testing

Mutley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was just 4 years old, I'd had scarlet fever and then chickenpox as getting over the fever. I'm now 59.

Richw1982

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
my son was diagnosed on the 11th aug 2014 10 days before his 5th birtday

Mutley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed on 15 September 1958, at just 4 years old. I've had it 56 years this September.