How to carry insulin...

slaterk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all. Like a lot of people on Insulin I use Frio products. I have the wallet and the carry case and they do me fine. I just wonder if there's anything out there particularly suitable for a night out that isn't quite as bulky as the carry case but a but more sturdy than the wallet. I guess I'm looking for something that can carry insulin, needles, tester and a few strips. Any ideas?

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd start looking here.

I highly doubt that you'll need frio for a night out, assuming that the place is air conditioned.

slaterk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hiya, I don't necessarily mean a night out as in a booze fuelled night out, I mean meal, theatre, cinema, whatever...

slaterk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
But thanks, some good ideas there for sure. Don't know why I didn't think to look there!

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The point is that insulin pens will keep for a month at room temperature and after that you have to discard it anyway - you would only need frio wallets if the temperature at the cinema is 30C+ :mrgreen:

slaterk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ah, sorry, I understand now. I'm being dumb Today. Yes, agreed. I just want something to protect whatever I'm taking out, not necessarily keep it cool.