How to cope

Bluemic

I am a T2 diabetic I was called up by the diabetic team last year where I had a discussion on whether to be placed on Ozempic or insulin. Why because my BG are going higher than recommended. I will be having the usual bloods taken by the end of this month. I am looking for any advice on how to take and what to lookout for when the diabetic team tells me when I will be taking, either Ozempic or insulin. Because I have never used a needle before and I am concerned about the side effects and what might go wrong. And who should i contact if the unthinkable was to happen. so any advice would be welcome.

sausage91

My brother is type 2 - never got a hold of it and was moved to insulin about 2 years ago. He says he wished they'd given him insulin to begin with and he is much more happy and his diabetes is totally controlled. It's natural to be alarmed about injections - we grow up being told not to stick needles in ourselves etc and injections are things we dread. Focus on the objective of controlling your diabetes. Nothing is set in stone - if you have the injections and they are not suitable for you, then think again.

Reactions: mariavontrapp