How To Get C1 Cat Back On Licence Type 2 On Insulin

livi2006

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there can any one help I passed my class one 9 years ago but I havin been driving an articulated vehicle in 4 years.. I’m looking to get the category back now an I know I need a Medicare which won’t b a problem with 3 months readings.. has anyone done is is it true I just need to send £20 with it an the medical thanks

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there can any one help I passed my class one 9 years ago but I havin been driving an articulated vehicle in 4 years.. I’m looking to get the category back now an I know I need a Medicare which won’t b a problem with 3 months readings.. has anyone done is is it true I just need to send £20 with it an the medical thanks
Are u in uk?

Reactions: livi2006

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Northern Ireland
Oh ..ok...im not sure what u mean by medicare...but if dvla requirements are the same as england then u need 3 months worth of readings...min 2 a day...and when driving...a medical by your gp if u not had one in last 5 years and an independant consultant to look at your meter and ask questions about your understanding of how to treat a hypo etc

d blundred

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve done this for a few yrs now the first time I did this took me nearly 8 mths get my class one it’s a long procedure a medical with ya gp which can be £100 then forms to send off to the DVLA then once they Av been seen by their medical people you Av to go see their independent consultant I’ve been to several ones in the past also it asks when tounlady saw your consultant and you will need 3mths ov readings I used to do mine 6 times a day hope this helps after 12 mths you have to start all over agen