1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How To Get C1 Cat Back On Licence Type 2 On Insulin

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by livi2006, Jun 14, 2018.

1. livi2006

livi2006 Type 2 · Member

Hi there can any one help I passed my class one 9 years ago but I havin been driving an articulated vehicle in 4 years.. I’m looking to get the category back now an I know I need a Medicare which won’t b a problem with 3 months readings.. has anyone done is is it true I just need to send £20 with it an the medical thanks

2. james11

james11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Are u in uk?

• Like Like x 1
  3. livi2006

livi2006 Type 2 · Member

Yes

4. livi2006

livi2006 Type 2 · Member

Northern Ireland

5. james11

james11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh ..ok...im not sure what u mean by medicare...but if dvla requirements are the same as england then u need 3 months worth of readings...min 2 a day...and when driving...a medical by your gp if u not had one in last 5 years and an independant consultant to look at your meter and ask questions about your understanding of how to treat a hypo etc

6. d blundred

d blundred Type 2 · Active Member

I’ve done this for a few yrs now the first time I did this took me nearly 8 mths get my class one it’s a long procedure a medical with ya gp which can be £100 then forms to send off to the DVLA then once they Av been seen by their medical people you Av to go see their independent consultant I’ve been to several ones in the past also it asks when tounlady saw your consultant and you will need 3mths ov readings I used to do mine 6 times a day hope this helps after 12 mths you have to start all over agen

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook