cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
I wasn't sure where to post this.
In order to have my feet checked a person must also be attending appointments with the diabetes nurse here (Canada) at the clinic I go to.
But I have always had bad negative appointments with them.
Here are some reasons.
One- no consistency because you get who you get that day and they don't say the same things.
Two- critical. They are critical of the numbers and food choices you make. Even if you explain why.
Three- they continue to suggest food choices you just can't make.
Four - they are not listening hence having to explain and go through the same things again and again
Five- I do not feel supported.
Should I continue?
So does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get thru one appointment just for one foot check?

• Hug
Reactions: valann and AloeSvea

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't sure where to post this.
In order to have my feet checked a person must also be attending appointments with the diabetes nurse here (Canada) at the clinic I go to.
But I have always had bad negative appointments with them.
Here are some reasons.
One- no consistency because you get who you get that day and they don't say the same things.
Two- critical. They are critical of the numbers and food choices you make. Even if you explain why.
Three- they continue to suggest food choices you just can't make.
Four - they are not listening hence having to explain and go through the same things again and again
Five- I do not feel supported.
Should I continue?
So does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get thru one appointment just for one foot check?
You could get one done privately at a podiatrist... Or contact one and ask whether they can do one under your insurance, as you're diabetic. Or.... Maybe go to a different clinic, if that's an option, and start over there?

Reactions: cdpm

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe write down your food choices and why you have to make them, and any other information you routinely get asked or want to say. Send a copy to the clinic you get your feet done at asking that it is put on your file/records, and ensure you always have a copy with you.

Then if they start asking questions keep referring them to this. You shouldn't have to do any of this I know, but it may help.