How to lose weight?

P17BULL

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Since I changed my lifestyle I started gaining weight. +3kg in 2 Weeks. I'm on low carb, but eating much more as before. If I eat less I fear low blood sugar, and I am just doing small amounts of insuline. I'm always hungry by the way. What should I eat? I'm doing 2u at dinner and 6 Lantus before bedtime, and still I am sometimes 70-80 mg/dl before dinner, where I have to inject 2u. So I eat something more. My Doc is on holiday and I want to avoid changes in my insuline intake until he comes back. I need to act on my diet, but don't know what to do.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!

Can you tell us what you mean when you said 'changed toy lifestyle'? Was that related to diet, exercise, job, etc?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
With lower carb I had to reduce insulin as well as up fats. Not enough fat and I go low. Are you eating enough fat?

yycdordor

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
washing dishes lol
Since I changed my lifestyle I started gaining weight. +3kg in 2 Weeks. I'm on low carb, but eating much more as before. If I eat less I fear low blood sugar, and I am just doing small amounts of insuline. I'm always hungry by the way. What should I eat? I'm doing 2u at dinner and 6 Lantus before bedtime, and still I am sometimes 70-80 mg/dl before dinner, where I have to inject 2u. So I eat something more. My Doc is on holiday and I want to avoid changes in my insuline intake until he comes back. I need to act on my diet, but don't know what to do.
For low carbs diet, u need to choose the right heavy food that can satisfy you. On the first week of low carbs (some ppl maybe the first couple weeks) you will feel more hungry as body is not use to cutting down lots of carbs. You need to stay strong n eat heavy food/snacks in between meals to overcome the hunger, after a week or so you wont feel it as your body adopted your new diet.

Suggest the following food/snacks based on my experience:
Apple, nuts, avocado, melon, carrots, greek yogurt, soup (clear chicken broth with some extra spinach) or even some chicken breast etc. Sometime i will go for salmon sashimi if you are into Japanese food (4 slides with bed of seaweed) or just drink a lot of water!!

Extra tips - i stopped exercising in the 2nd week of low carbs, as i feel very hungry after exercising in the first week!

Hope it helps

Sent from my SM-N910U using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

P17BULL

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!

Can you tell us what you mean when you said 'changed toy lifestyle'? Was that related to diet, exercise, job, etc?

I mean living with diabetes. I went on low carb, but in this period I am very stressed at work and I don't feel like doing sports.