richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
Hi all thanks for reading
I have been type 1 for 50years. My injection sites went bad and eventually was put on Toujeo + humalog. I work 3 or 4 days a week. When I was on Levimer I found it better to increase my non working day's dose from 16 units to 20 units for good control. DAFNE graduate
Now I am on Toujeo ( 18units) this is difficult as it takes a minimum of 3 days to have effect. I have asked for a pump but the consultant says I do not meet the criteria. Trying to find a balance between hypos and high sugar. I live in worcs

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
many thanks noblehead. I have badly frozen shoulders restricting injection sites, have had laser surgery on both eyes and still have slight heomoraggeing in one eye in central region. consultant put me on humulin which was a disaster. Hypos and highs are affecting my work. I was working full time but could not cope due to diabetes. I operate very dangerous machinery at work. Might have to quit if not sorted.
I have filled in the medronic form for eligibility but had no reply.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
Thanks for input advice noblehead I was advised this a while ago from another member. I have just filled in the form at input but will not get anywhere. I plan to put in a complaint to the hospital with the consultant or maybe a letter to my MP.
No wonder the NHS is short of money if they do not support working people that pay into the scheme.

Reactions: 2 people