How to not lose pump handset?

RosiePalmer

Any tips for how to keep omnipod dash handset on me? I keep losing it around the house... Bum bag? Phone cases? Nothing is quite working. Would appreciate ideas!

LaughingHyena

Bluetooth tracker? I have them on my keys, doesn't stop me loosing them but at least I can "ring" them and find them again. There are stick on ones which might work for your handset.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am soooooo glad my pump has a phone app.
I know it doesn’t help with OmniPod but i
I keep my phone with me anyway.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
I keep mine religiously in the same place. Out of house in the same pocket of my handbag, at work next to my PC, at home kitchen window ledge. Just through experience this helped me

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The company I worked for provided me with a belt pouch with the Company Logo on it, and it held my BGL tester. Now I am retired I still use a belt pouch but it has my mobile in it.

I believe Apple has a system of tracers to be used with their phones. But they can be used to track your movements without your knowledge, so be wary of this system. Similarly those tracer gizmos used to find missing kids when they wander off into a crowd?

Gunslingers and cardsharps used to use underarm holsters for their Derringers - just cogitating ideas. Can it go on something hung round the neck or a lanyard.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I don't really move mine around. At home it sits next to the computer and at night I grab my phone and PDM and they sit next to the bed. The only other time I move it is when I get on my exercise bike and since that is instigated by my BG going up, sometimes I am giving myslf an extra dose or relooking at when I gave my last dose. So I pretty much know if it's not where I expect it, it's only at one other place.

I used to lose my order pad around my business and was always searching for it. Whenever I stopped to talk to someone or do something I would set it down behind products to keep it out of the way. Then I was searching the whole friggin store trying to find it. I learned to put it smack on top in plain view. When I looked for it, it was at least in plain view and if my employees saw it they would return it to the front counter. So if you're going to carry it around learn to leave it in specific spots where it's easily spotted or you know where to look for it in that room.

Reactions: Hopeful34