Type 1 How to split dose for 70g of McDonald’s

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There is no should. There is only what works best for you which is not just what works best for your BG but also what works best for your lifestyle. For example, it is not suitable to need an insulin dose whilst you are in the middle of driving or having a shower.
We are all different - we have different insulin to carb ratios and digest food at different rates - so it will take trial and error to find out what works for you.
A common starting point is to half your bolus (according to your insulin to carb ratio). Take the first half before you start eating and the rest and hour later.
It is important to record what happens for you so you know whether to take more of less insulin with your first dose and whether to take your second dose earlier or later.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I can understand your nervousness , it’s like anything that’s new , what I will say is don’t be afraid to try , if it doesn’t work that’s fine , just keep trying until it works for you . When you are trying new things ( which let’s face it we HAVE to do it being diabetic ) just keep an eye on your bs , that’ll tell you how your “ experiment “ is going ,
for me 42 years of diabetes has been a journey of experimenting and experience , both good and bad , and I definitely haven’t got it right first time. I’m sure you’ll manage to find what works for you, just don’t try to eat the whole elephant , small steps and you’ll be fine ,