How to start a new libre sensor

Griffter15

Hi all, might sound like a stupid question but I'm down to my last sensor after two fails so don't want to screw the last one up.

My current sensor has become slightly detached (1 week in) and now reads LO permanently. But it's still active. How do I kill it so I can start my new sensor.

I've got a long day driving tomorrow and I've decided to cut my losses rather than try and get a replacement.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, might sound like a stupid question but I'm down to my last sensor after two fails so don't want to screw the last one up.

My current sensor has become slightly detached (1 week in) and now reads LO permanently. But it's still active. How do I kill it so I can start my new sensor.

I've got a long day driving tomorrow and I've decided to cut my losses rather than try and get a replacement.

If you apply a new sensor, then scan it, it will "notice" then new sensor, and ask if you want to start it. You either say yes or no/cancel it (can't recall exactly the words). You can only be running one sensor at a time on the reader, so please do ring Abbott before you start a new sensor as I'm unsure they'd replace one you had removed voluntarily before the end of it's life.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd definitely agree with @AndBreathe's advice about calling Abbott before removing it - whenever I've had a failed sensor, they've asked me to scan it again so if it wasn't attached, I'm not sure what they'd do

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Griffter15 - You can apply the sensor, but just not scan it until you've called Abbott, then it's all ready to go.

Griffter15

Thanks for the advice. I've decided I can't be bothered with getting the replacement this time round. I won't have time to call tomorrow and I'd like to have the new sensor on. I got a week out of it so could have been worse