How would you know

mk5

glad to hear you are on the road to recovery :mrgreen:

i guess my hip op has given around 90% of a normal life. i have a hideous scar because the wound became infected and still have balance problems. pain is minimal know from my hip, with other joints making up for it.

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
Oh I know all about balance as i suffer with ear infections once it was so bad the doc put like a crochet hook in to burst the swelling in both ears else they would have perforated its was a very painful procedure :shock: with no anaesthetic :roll: but concidering the alternative.....

On another note have sorted my council tax bill - instead of £281.65 it will be about £26.00. It was a case of different departments not telling each other about the informtion they had recieved about me.......typical

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Candyrel

hope you are ok. Just wanted to say thank you for the tip about dogtags I had seen them in the doctors surgery for £14.99 so under a fiver was a much better option. Mine arrived this morning and I am very pleased with them. Thanks again :D

Daz

I use dog tags too, Another tip is as these come in pairs,is to take one off and put one on your keys as you always take your keys everywhere and your pockets is the first place that untrained people will look for ID, Also be aware that dog tags will set off metal detectors at airports etc and lead to searches and then they find your Insulin stuff which leads to questions which is a pain (I had a very bad and long experience in Mexico once !!!) :lol:

Beverleyjac

Just on the warning/info bracelet side of things. Make sure you get a 'formal' (is that the right word?) piece of jewellery or credit card sized info card from hospital. If, and I hope it never does, but if the worst comes to the worst medics and I guess most people aren't trained to look for tattoos. I used to have just a gold bracelet with diabetic on it but I swapped it for a medic alert bracelet with the little sword on so it can be seen and found easier.

I'm not on any benefits and I still don't go to the gym.....lazy moose me x

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
Daz said:
I use dog tags too, Another tip is as these come in pairs,is to take one off and put one on your keys as you always take your keys everywhere and your pockets is the first place that untrained people will look for ID, Also be aware that dog tags will set off metal detectors at airports etc and lead to searches and then they find your Insulin stuff which leads to questions which is a pain (I had a very bad and long experience in Mexico once !!!) :lol:

Also loving your signature Daz.

Hi Cavelioness glad to be of help. Have had a few nice remarks regarding them so have pointed them either to the docs or that lady on ebay.