How's the weather?

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I thought someone might like to talk about the weather where they are. Are you having a storm or a wonderfully sunny day?
We are having a couple days of overcast weather with small showers. It is still fairly warm here so it is making my lawn grow-I had to mow it and rake up fall leaves today. Very pleasant outdoors actually. I like these overcast days.

Chrisle68

I thought someone might like to talk about the weather where they are. Are you having a storm or a wonderfully sunny day?
We are having a couple days of overcast weather with small showers. It is still fairly warm here so it is making my lawn grow-I had to mow it and rake up fall leaves today. Very pleasant outdoors actually. I like these overcast days.
Here in Kent England very cold been raining about 3 degrees lol
Just about to hit the bed after a night shift

Reactions: SWUSA_
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A damp start here in the South of England and weather forecast says it should clear and brighten up later.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I live a few miles from RRB and the promised clearing and brightening up is starting to happen. The sun is shining through very thin, high cloud which will hopefully burn off in due course. Relatively mild this morning, because it was cloudy overnight.

You mentioned leaves - our house is surrounded by mature trees, which makes it lovely and secluded, but I am currently in the middle of the six week period that happens every year (basically late October until the first week of December) when I am constantly raking up the leaves that fall from them. Still; it's good exercise :)

The forecast for today predicts sunshine, then cloud again, then rain showers with sunny intervals, which sums up your average day in Britain, to be honest :D

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I live a few miles from RRB and the promised clearing and brightening up is starting to happen. The sun is shining through very thin, high cloud which will hopefully burn off in due course. Relatively mild this morning, because it was cloudy overnight.

You mentioned leaves - our house is surrounded by mature trees, which makes it lovely and secluded, but I am currently in the middle of the six week period that happens every year (basically late October until the first week of December) when I am constantly raking up the leaves that fall from them. Still; it's good exercise :)

The forecast for today predicts sunshine, then cloud again, then rain showers with sunny intervals, which sums up your average day in Britain, to be honest :D
Where I grew up on the coast of Northern California it rained a little almost every day and a lot many days. We had fog in the morning most of the year. I never thought I would but I miss the rain a lot.

Reactions: jay hay-char

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where I grew up on the coast of Northern California it rained a little almost every day and a lot many days. We had fog in the morning most of the year. I never thought I would but I miss the rain a lot.
You can have some of ours, if you like :)

As promised, the rain has arrived here, albeit rather spasmodically. It started just as I had finished piling up all the leaves that I'd swept, ready to stick them in the barrow and cart them to the leaf mould pile. Consequently, the local wildlife was treated to half an hour of a scruffy looking man in late middle age, wheeling a barrow up and down the garden in the rain, and swearing profusely.

Now that I've finished, it's stopped raining; naturally :mad: :D

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You can have some of ours, if you like :)

As promised, the rain has arrived here, albeit rather spasmodically. It started just as I had finished piling up all the leaves that I'd swept, ready to stick them in the barrow and cart them to the leaf mould pile. Consequently, the local wildlife was treated to half an hour of a scruffy looking man in late middle age, wheeling a barrow up and down the garden in the rain, and swearing profusely.

Now that I've finished, it's stopped raining; naturally :mad: :D
We stop the leaf operation for rain here but it does not rain very often. I remember a friend visiting me when I lived in Portland and asking me why I did not have a raincoat and why I was just going about my business as it poured down. I told him that if we stopped doing things in the rain there we would never get anything done because it often rained a little several times a day. I also told him that it was actually a nice day there and I only wore my raincoat when it was cold and I might get chilled from being wet.

Reactions: jay hay-char

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
very cold here when i walked the dogs this morning over the fields it was foggy but by the time I got homr I was sweating like mad....sun came out and was a nice but cool day....

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
very cold here when i walked the dogs this morning over the fields it was foggy but by the time I got homr I was sweating like mad....sun came out and was a nice but cool day....

Sounds like a wonderful walk. I like to walk on foggy mornings. We used to call them pea soup fogs-because in the morning on the coast the fog was so thick it was like pea soup.