HR and type 2

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, not posted for a while. I was new diagnosed June 2018.
15 months later ive noticed an increase in my resting heart rate which is now 111. My GP said its stress related and sent me for ECG which came back all clear.
Am curious to know if anyone else suffers with increase in HR.?
My blood sugar is not the best and this is due to my own fault and poor diet. Medication I take is 1 - 1000 metformin daily.
Thank you.
Normal HR is 60-100 and having a higher rhr correlates with risk of heart problems as does having poor blood sugars and high insulin levels in your body.
When we improve our cardiovascular fitness the heart rate can reduce over the medium and long term.
Stress and anxiety could cause this elevated resting HR (it is totally normal for it to increase during exercise). If you are diabetic this doesn't just refer to emotional stress but also physiological stress.
Personally, I'd go back and ask for some further investigation e.g. a calcium scan to see what your arteries look like https://ihda.ie/ and I would think about how I could improve bg control. There are loads of suggestions on this forum.

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be overweight and lost 3 stone over 12 months.
My BP was slightly high when checked.
What puzzles me is the fluctuating HR, i can go upstairs and my HR will go to 124 cardio, i can walk and my HR will jump to 124 etc. However when I exercise etc its within normal range 94-100. My GP said it is not a concern and it is all stress related.

If you are doing real cardio, your HR should be going higher than 94-100, that’s for sure. But, going up to 100-110 for brief bouts of movement seems normal to me. If I’m parked on the sofa reading and I’m at 65 bpm, then jumping up to do something should get my heart pumping - 100-110 just moving around. If it actually turns out what I’m really doing is starting a long walk, let’s say in even ground, then I see my HR settle in. HR, like most of what we can test, runs in a “normal” range if all is well.