Type 1 Huge drop in blood glucose

samowen268

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all, I hope everyone has had a wonderful christmas (if you celebrate it) and have a fantastic Boxing Day.

Christmas is the day of the year where I’m less focused on my bloods and more focused on my family and gifts etc, well yesterday I had wonderful bloods all day! Despite eating like a pig, all under 10.0, I went to bed and they were 9.0

I woke up randomly this morning at 5am to 21.3!!!

Very unhappy, but I didn’t question it, I injected the suitable dose, drank plenty of water and went and sat in bed on my phone for an hour, when suddenly I begin to feel hypo! I check my bloods and they are 3.0.. so my question is now, were my bloods actually high to start with? Or was it a dodgy reading? I woke up with a dry mouth, but also had distorted vision which actually happens when I’ve had a hypo in my sleep!

What a morning, I’ve only been up 2 hours!! Anyway, happy holidays, I’d love to hear your advice/opinions as I am puzzled to say the least.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @samowen268 ,

A happy Boxing Day to you.

Was this reading from a CGM or meter..?

I'm just wondering if you initially read the meter correctly on the 5am reading? (I've had to "double take" at that unearthly hour myself..)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Whenever I get a reading that is very high or very low -- I always test again on a different finger
just to be sure.
Possibly your 21.3 wasn't actually that high if the correction pushed you hypo an hour later.