Humalog R

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
Is this similar to novorapid and Apidra ??
2882fd870d59a00ec9a9d4ed1a979c80.jpg

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Bassiette, If you google 'Pictures or graph of insulin profiles' you will see the rates of appearance, duration and amounts of insulin in the blood stream of various brands of insulin. You can then compare the 3 insulins you are interested in.
Please note that these graphs are drug company data measured on a number of subjects and represent an average.
Individuals may vary from these graphs in their own response in terms of rate of absorption, timing of peak and duration.

Reactions: Bassiette

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Bassiette - Humalog (Insulin Lispro) is Lilly's "rapid-acting" insulin, and is similar to Novorapid (Aspart) and Apidra (Glulisene).

Reactions: Bassiette

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use this one (perhaps the only one in this forum) and it lasts for 2 to 3 hours. Generally, I see no drop after 150 minutes as max. and by the 3 hour mark it is almost out of my system. NovoShitty keeps dropping me after even 3.5 hours so I quit on it because I found it very impractical.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use this one (perhaps the only one in this forum) and it lasts for 2 to 3 hours. Generally, I see no drop after 150 minutes as max. and by the 3 hour mark it is almost out of my system. NovoShitty keeps dropping me after even 3.5 hours so I quit on it because I found it very impractical.

I’m on Humalog too. However, I would say it is still working after 4 hours on me, albeit not as rapidly as the first two. I pre bolus and it certainly doesn’t have an affect for the first 30 minutes. Line on the Libre doesn’t move.

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m on Humalog too. However, I would say it is still working after 4 hours on me, albeit not as rapidly as the first two. I pre bolus and it certainly doesn’t have an affect for the first 30 minutes. Line on the Libre doesn’t move.
I pre bolus only for brealfast and for 5 minutes only because I am pretty active.
However, for lunch and dinner, if the dose is correct I do not notice any rise that is significant. I feel pretty normal as I am sensitive to any rise in BG