Humulin insulin

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
One of my diabetes nurses has told me that Lilly are thinking of stopping production of Humulin R500 insulin due to low sales. Has anyone else heard this, or have any more details? I'm absolutely desperate here, I WILL NOT go back to 50+ injections a day. I'd have to give up my pump too, just as its beginning to make my life easier. I can't find anything on their website, or even via Google.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
One of my diabetes nurses has told me that Lilly are thinking of stopping production of Humulin R500 insulin due to low sales. Has anyone else heard this, or have any more details? I'm absolutely desperate here, I WILL NOT go back to 50+ injections a day. I'd have to give up my pump too, just as its beginning to make my life easier. I can't find anything on their website, or even via Google.

Cannot answer your question directly but why not contact Lilly customer services directly if you have concerns. I have found them to be quite helpful in the past.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Just in case anyone else here is on Humulin r500, the rumour is partially true. Lilly is stopping making the vials, but continuing the pre filled pens. They are saying its a safety issue. I'm looking at my pump and thinking now I'm going to have to figure the easiest way to get insulin from a pen into a pump reservoir. They say they have no records of anyone using Humulin R 500 on a pump, and I'm practically jumping up and down going Me! Me!