Hungry, but too scared to eat.

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, Thank you so much for your advice and help last night, i had some sleep and have woken up with sugars at 9mmol and ketones at 4mmol which is lower than last night, i kept drinking pints and pints of water until perhaps 2am and have had little sleep. I woke up absolutely starving and yet i'm terrified to eat anything for fear of taking sugars and ketones even higher, as far as things go, my headache has gone, i don't feel bad at all except my tummy is rumbling like crazy! I actually feel like having a brisk walk or something, this is very unusual for me at this time of day. I'm still waiting for my call back from my out of hours gp which i'm hoping shall be this morning else i shall have no option but to go to A&E but if i'm in ketosis would i not be wasting their time? i suffer dreadful anxiety too and i can't help panicking over everything.

I'm having a cup of tea with a little lactose free milk which is bliss right now, my hubby has got up and eating toast and what have you- that so doesn't help!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Millie_

I’d suggest calling 111 if you’re still waiting for the GP to call back. They’ll tell you whether A&E is necessary. It’s important you don’t delay.

Could you eat an egg or something else that won’t push sugars up further ?

Reactions: OrsonKartt

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@Millie_

I’d suggest calling 111 if you’re still waiting for the GP to call back. They’ll tell you whether A&E is necessary. It’s important you don’t delay.

Could you eat an egg or something else that won’t push sugars up further ?

Thank you @Goonergal yes i could have an egg, i have streaky bacon too if i think i can get away with it.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @Goonergal an egg is very low carb as is bacon. But ring the number suggested straight away just to make sure that you don't need to attend emergency.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @Millie_

Wondering how you are? What did 111 say? Hoping you’ve got the help you need.

Adamspillman

Morning all, Thank you so much for your advice and help last night, i had some sleep and have woken up with sugars at 9mmol and ketones at 4mmol which is lower than last night, i kept drinking pints and pints of water until perhaps 2am and have had little sleep. I woke up absolutely starving and yet i'm terrified to eat anything for fear of taking sugars and ketones even higher, as far as things go, my headache has gone, i don't feel bad at all except my tummy is rumbling like crazy! I actually feel like having a brisk walk or something, this is very unusual for me at this time of day. I'm still waiting for my call back from my out of hours gp which i'm hoping shall be this morning else i shall have no option but to go to A&E but if i'm in ketosis would i not be wasting their time? i suffer dreadful anxiety too and i can't help panicking over everything.

I'm having a cup of tea with a little lactose free milk which is bliss right now, my hubby has got up and eating toast and what have you- that so doesn't help!
Dont worry too much I have been through that many times I just take in fluids and eat low GI foods also too much protein can have an effect too but it should pass