Hybrid closed loop systems

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Anyone have any experience of these? My new dr has recommended I go for this as my diabetes is very reactive to all sorts and very difficult to get the balance right. I keep a very close eye on it and use the libre and insight pump currently

nick-o

I have a Medtronic 780g and have used it for 6 months. Previous to this I had a 640g for two years, which wasn't a closed loop system. Having been diagnosed with T1 34 years ago, I can categorically tell you a hybrid closed loop is THE best system I've ever used. Within the 6 months, everything has stabilised, so much that my eye sight has improved and I no longer required glasses for driving. Having had the 640g previously really highlighted the effectiveness of the 780g's capabilities. If you're offered it, accept it immediately!

Reactions: megan

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I have a Medtronic 780g and have used it for 6 months. Previous to this I had a 640g for two years, which wasn't a closed loop system. Having been diagnosed with T1 34 years ago, I can categorically tell you a hybrid closed loop is THE best system I've ever used. Within the 6 months, everything has stabilised, so much that my eye sight has improved and I no longer required glasses for driving. Having had the 640g previously really highlighted the effectiveness of the 780g's capabilities. If you're offered it, accept it immediately!

Thank you for that reply. What ever I get has to be self funded so I'm not sure I can do that but I'm looking into it and fingers crossed

Sadjers

Hi. I'm using the Omnipod Euros with a freestyle Libre and Android APS. My control is so much better and my weekly in-range rates are between 75% and 85%. I'm in the UK and get my stuff free.
The set up is very hard work and operation is also hard work but the effort yields good results so the effort actually feels worth it. I started in March good year and I am still learning. I guess we never stop learning.
The Android APS facebook forum gives great support.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am part of the NHS hybrid closed loop system trial. It is by far the best thing I have ever done diabetes wise. I use the Medtronic 780g and Guardian 3 sensors. I went from having a hba1c of 78 to 43 within 3-4 months. I’m in range roughly 75% of the time which is so much better than before. I feel very much more in control of my diabetes as aside from inputting insulin for carbs the pump and cgm do the rest of the work for me to keep me within a good range.

Geostan62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve been part of the closed loop trial too and can state categorically it’s the best thing ever. I’m in range 75-95% of the time. Nothing short of a miracle compared to previously.

I do hope they don’t take away the CGM or the pump when the trial ends.

I was on the guardian 3 sensor and found the constant need to calibrate a little annoying. Now I have the guardian 4 my life is a diabetic dream in comparison to life before. If anyone is offered this, my advice say YES Please. You won’t be sorry.