leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
20170608_212245-1-1.jpg
This image was caught by accident by a friend. This is me drifting down into a hyper. Glazed eyes, blank expression. BGL 29.6. I did not realise what was happening until she shook me by the shoulder to make me aware.

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow! That's quite scary. Hope you're doing OK now, sounds like you are.

I wonder if I looked the same when I walked into ED at 43... I didn't notice anything myself.

Luckily I'd just been released from hospital and my fam was told to take me in if anything seemed even slightly wrong. (Apparently I was making quite a scene at a coffee shop...)

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Oh no. That must have been only horrible!! Thank goodness you had a good friend with you!!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Oh no. That must have been only horrible!! Thank goodness you had a good friend with you!!
Thank heavens she was there. She is a dialysis patient so is very aware of my diabetic moments. I cannot thank her enough.

Reactions: spook_kate_

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Wow! That's quite scary. Hope you're doing OK now, sounds like you are.

I wonder if I looked the same when I walked into ED at 43... I didn't notice anything myself.

Luckily I'd just been released from hospital and my fam was told to take me in if anything seemed even slightly wrong. (Apparently I was making quite a scene at a coffee shop...)
Been there myself. I walked into a glass door in a supermarket during a hypo. Came too on the floor with someone giving me sips of softdrink. So embarrassing!

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Been there myself. I walked into a glass door in a supermarket during a hypo. Came too on the floor with someone giving me sips of softdrink. So embarrassing!
That's kinda funny. Think we've all been there and wished the floor would swallow us up..

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
How are you feeling now, @leslie10152 ? Hope all's well.

:)
All good. Thank you for yor concerns @Snapsy. Now I see how I look when I am out of the zone. Not a pretty picture.
Does that mean you're also on dialysis?
No. I have this person for quite some time and she has learned to read the physical symptoms. I have learned to read her symptoms. It is a good relationship.

Reactions: spook_kate_

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
I remember being about 5 yrs old in my first year of school and going into convulsions. Came round with the whole class silent, looking at me. Oh the trauma!! least I can laugh now.

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly had and seen some classic moments myself too. That you had a friend there who was aware of the problem is good. One to treasure! I have noticed a couple of my friends who are diabetic have become more chatty recently, since I was diagnosed, presumably because they know there will be someone else around who knows the score and that we will automatically keep an eye on each other. Pleased you were ok, and look after yourself.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Super scary! If it makes you feel any less embarrassed, I once walked into a glass door with perfectly normal blood sugars.