Hyperthyroid surprise

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have to admit that I'm belligerent with blood taking. I withdraw permission until the phlebotomist tells me exactly what tests are requested. I have frequent drugs levels to be done, which are a bit involved, I am slowly getting round to educate them! One thing surprises me, it is the youngest and newest employed phleb who is always most negotiable and nice about it all! Then I feel bad for her!
Ooooooooooh that's an idea! Might try that!
:)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For curiosity, why were you given the iodine treatments?
Thanks for the hug!

I had the radioiodine in 2001, having been diagnosed with Graves thyrotoxicosis rather too late in the day to avoid becoming very very poorly. Soon after the radioiodine treatment (not connected to the drug, but to the disorder it was treating) I had a psychotic event which put me in hospital for five months. It would have been entirely avoidable had my doctor at the time actually listened to me.

I'm concerned at the moment that I'm slightly overdoing it on the Levothyroxine, while at the same time keen to still be on enough.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A calm update this time - FASTING cholesterol and T4 sample drawn, marked 'urgent'! Bless 'em. Am now treating my caffeine headache with a second cup of tea.

The cholesterol thing - and I know a lot of the things I've read on here about cholesterol have shown me it is not the enemy - but I suspect I may have been throwing caution a little too far into the wind with my cheese, butter and cream consumption.

Am going to be a little less gratuitous in my portions.

Thanks for hugs. You're all smashing.

:happy:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
UPDATE:

TSH: 1.21 (reference range 0.27 - 4.20)
'Normal'

T4: 24 (12 -22)
'Acceptable'.
Acceptable, despite my symptoms of hyperthyroid. ***. Can't get to the doctor this week but I need to make an appointment to discuss - what I would like to do is to alter my daily 175mcg Levothyroxine dose to 150mcg/175mcg on alternate days.

My cholesterol results have thrown up some issues I'm wondering about - I've just cut that part from this original post and pasted it into a new thread.

Last edited: