Hypo after effects

foreverdelayed

Hi, I had an intensely bad experience with a night time hypo last week and haven't felt right since. I sat on my kitchen floor for an hour, I thought my sugars would never go back up! They did eventually but I've felt strangely disoriented since. Dizziness when I stand up too quick or turn round quickly, strange numbness in my head and a general stiff feeling. I've been t1 for nearly 20 years and have never experienced this before. It may not be the hypo at all but the two seem connected. Has anyone ever had this before? I've got the doctor this afternoon but I'm interested in other peoples experiences as well. Thanks.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Gizmo123

Hi I hope you feel better. I've had it where I've felt the hypo effects for a day or two after a bad one but never as long as yours. Could it be that you've got a bug and its making you feel rubbish. Hopefully the doctors can help

Riesenburg

Dislikes
Doctors who know less about diabetes and endocrinology than their patients.
Sometimes those dam hypos can hit us hard. Depends on how low you went but if you were on the kitchen floor for an hour I'd suspect it was a really bad one. Just try to keep your levels in the normal range for a few days so you can recover. I'd also take some omega-3 oils just to give my brain a bit of a boost in rebuilding whatever was damaged during the hypo. Found that doing so for a few days does the trick. Do let us know how you get along. And best of luck! hopefully you feel better fast :)

foreverdelayed

Thanks, I'll make a point of the omega 3 thing. It was savage, the clothes I had on were still soaking in the morning, literally, even my socks! Worst one in all my days! I am beginning to feel a bit sharper again, 10 days later! Will post in a few more days.

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
foreverdelayed said:
Thanks, I'll make a point of the omega 3 thing. It was savage, the clothes I had on were still soaking in the morning, literally, even my socks! Worst one in all my days! I am beginning to feel a bit sharper again, 10 days later! Will post in a few more days.

Vitamin D3 supplements seem to help - good for improving one's mood generally as well. :thumbup: