1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hypo alerts

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by philipking, Apr 21, 2018.

1. philipking

philipking Type 1 · Member

I’m going on a trial Medtronic 640g with Enlite sensors this week. I’ve lost all hypo awareness and have had a few really serious episodes this year. How loud are the alerts and sirens to warn when going low? The alarms on my current Insight pump are not very loud, even at max volume, and I’m concerned I may not hear alerts esp at night.

Thanks

2. catapillar

catapillar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You don't need to hear the alerts. The predictive low suspend stops insulin deliver before you go low based on what the sensor says, with no further action required from you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@philipking , I've not used that cgm, but I've got a vague recollection of other posters saying it was quiet, and they came up with a Heath Robinson solution of putting the receiver in a metal or glass bowl at bedside to amplify the noise. I'm not familiar with the pump set up, being one of those old-fashioned MDIiers, but if there is a remote receiver, could be an option.

4. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I use the 640G and Enlite system. If I'm somewhere noisy and don't hear the alert, the pump vibrates. At home, I hear it no problem (I don't have it at maximum volume.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Angusc

Angusc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The 640g alarm is is irritating and quite loud but I've got used to it and it now it only wakes me if my body senses something odd but suspend before low triggers frequently and not had a hypo for the 6 years since I've had it but they just removed funding for the sensor appealing it ATM

• Hug Hug x 1
  6. Chris1957

Chris1957 · Member

The Medtronic 640 is great just started with the enlite sensors they are great as my blood sugars when working dont hear the alarm checking the pump i notice basal stopped which helps

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook