Hypo hallucinations

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh, this has reminded me about the hypo dream I had. I was convinced I could see the outline of one of the spider ships from the Babylon 5 series just visible thtough the bedroom curtains. Very scary.

Hi,

Strangely, I posted about a hypo dream I had back in June this year involving a spaceship. I put it down to the flashing lights I get when low whilst awake? With my eyes closed it triggered some pretty wild imagery.

So.. This dream I had was set when humans were in the future free floating through space in some sort of massive plant based bio mechanical structure.. It was quite beautiful like a green laser show? (From a distance.)

Then the cinematography swept in "Citizen Kane" like to reveal the detail.. Though that sort of sweeping landscape stuff with rousing music has been done to death on most "epics." Since...

The only downside was this alien that seemed to be narrating the plot with a voice like the Emporor from Star Wars.
The entity would sneak about & take us out one by one in our comfy branch beds, (whilst in "stasis") then go on to consume parts of the ship's structure. I felt like I was watching the "film," as another "space traveler" but then....?

This thing grabbed my foot at one point & I awoke..

3.3Mmol..

At least the alien seemed to like his meat & 2 veg.

rochari

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't know if anyone is still on this thread but I've been looking for something like this for a while, when I was younger I used to be terrible at monitoring my blood sugar which led to multiple hypos. I remember dreaming about being on a rollercoaster but it was like a repeated fall with lots of weird shapes around me and I could feel the air on me when it dropped down, I would always wake up sweating in a panic. I've watched a lot of Joe Rogan's podcasts where him and guests have discussed the psychedelic dmt, I know our bodies produce it naturally, I'm just wondering if they could be connected?
Adam, I recognise what you describe especially when you mention ‘repeated fall’. In my post above, you’ll read I mention that was how the nightmares affected me too. I hated that feeling of dropping down and down and down, not knowing what was at the bottom. Never, ever did nightmares feel so real and terrifying.

As Gaz-M mentions in the post above yours, it really is a terrible place to be and like him, I’m pleased I don’t get them any longer.

Bill

candy13

Adam, I recognise what you describe especially when you mention ‘repeated fall’. In my post above, you’ll read I mention that was how the nightmares affected me too. I hated that feeling of dropping down and down and down, not knowing what was at the bottom. Never, ever did nightmares feel so real and terrifying.

As Gaz-M mentions in the post above yours, it really is a terrible place to be and like him, I’m pleased I don’t get them any longer.

Bill

candy13

When I was younger I also had similar happen to me but it was like lots of weird shapes where pushing me into a box and suffocating me, and I always had a headache like I had been hit on the head afterwards, although unsure if totally related to diabetes hypos because I also had the same thing when I had measles. In my late teenage/early twenties years I used to strip of my clothes and walk outside to rescue imaginary cats, lucky for me nothing bad every happened to me, and I don't think I ever bumped into anyone when having 3am hypos. Now I tend to think I am being poisoned by a strange person (my partner) when having a bad hypo and think that sweets or injection are to murder me. Im not a good hypo patient. Interesting to hear about you all too.

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Guys, I'm a type 1 and I'm writing a play at the moment and would love to hear about people's crazy thoughts and hallucinations they have or used to have when having a hypo please. It may be used in the script. To start it off when I was little I used to think a giant Bugs Bunny was chasing me.View attachment 18495

Luckily it's a long time ago but I've thought I was flying around the bedroom ceiling during a hypo, I can only imagine it's like a weird trip after taking drugs, never done it but you hear stories!