1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

hypo just before meals

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by johnny37, Aug 15, 2019.

1. johnny37

johnny37 · Well-Known Member

apologies if my questions seem naive. I dont use the forums much. If meal time is due and bloodt test shows hypo, what is the next action?

2. hmcc

hmcc Type 1 · Member

I've had this problem too. Just watch what you eat afterwards as readings can end up pretty high.

3. livabet1

livabet1 Type 1 · Member

Hi,
    Please take your insulin closer in time to your meal. It would appear that you are taking your fast acting and then waiting too long for your meal. Hope that helps

4. hmcc

hmcc Type 1 · Member

What type of insulin do you take. I'm on humulin which means I have to wait 30 minutes after taking insulin to eat which can be annoying if your reading is low before your evening meal.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook