Hypo signs

LynJed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, the past couple of times that my sugars have gone low enough to cause me to faint, for a few minutes before, I notice my hearing goes completely. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It never happened to me when I was younger. I have good hypo awareness, but this symptom seems to happen only when there are no other usual signs, such as shakiness or dizziness. Basically, once I notice my hearing go, I have a couple of minutes, if that, to go and get some glucose. It only ever happens in the night.

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes. I hear muffled sounds, but my hearing is very much secondary to my other senses.

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypo warning symptoms can change over time. I suddenly developed double-vision when hypo when I was pregnant. That stopped happening after about fifteen months. Since then, my eyes have always started to water when my sugar level is dropping fast and near the level where I would reach for the glucose. I still get the weakness/shaky feeling and sweating though. Being hypo can also cause me to abruptly burst into tears - for no real reason. That started about fifteen years ago, but I gather from posts on here that it happens to other type 1s. I decided a long time ago that it was worth getting out the testing stuff for any bizarre/ unexplained symptom. My hearing has always remained normal - so far.

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first hypo I went deaf for a second then my eyes rolled back and felt like falling. Few moments later I was conscious again was sitting on the floor grabbing my feet. I dont know if it was actually just a few moments, I was alone with pets. My dog came there next to me and started licking my hands. I quickly grabbed something sugars without checking BG, I knew it was low.
I was having a flu then so didnt realize I slept whole day long and when I got up to reach my BG meter that happened.