Hypo update (In treatment for SIBO / Blastocystis)

rosie04

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Curves for carbs!! Originally would have been tall spikes that would then plummet me into scary hypos! We think we have eradicated about half of the SIBO (there was quite a high volume) through antibiotic treatment and I am reacting to carbohydrates differently. Clearly the SIBO was causing some sort of malabsorption and then a quite over the top insulin response because of this. The big hills are from hearty meals with slow release carbs such as brown rice; when I was unwell I couldn’t tolerate brown rice even in a minuscule portion, it would quickly shoot me up to the 9’s then i’d drop into the low 3s and high 2s. I don’t know if i’ll be completely better once we have even more of the SIBO gone, but so interesting to already see a difference- the switch from a spike to a curve is right in front of my eyes. The antibiotics are making me feel unwell and exhausted but will all be worth it eventually! Hope everyone is well and not feeling too blue this January :)) xx

IMG_0529.jpg
IMG_0532.jpg
IMG_0531.jpg

Reactions: IncogKeto

rosie04

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
IMG_0533.jpg

The spike on the green graph here with my glucose at 4.5 is how I originally reacted to brown rice, quite possibly a smaller portion than what I had in the above graphs

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I had similar concerns when on antibiotics for helicobactor pylori.
Would the antibiotics work and could they stop the symptoms and hypos? (not that I knew I was getting them!) Didn't have CGM then.

It does seem as though it's working, and the CGM results are encouraging, the experimenting, the knowledge you have gained about the causes and the symptoms that occur, will help as the antibiotics finish. And then more testing. It's a time of trial and error. You will find a lot about your intolerance to food, your body, your habits, your tastes, what you can and cannot do.

Good luck with it all.

Yeah, you're doing great.

Slightly blue but spring is coming nearer.

Best wishes.

Reactions: rosie04