1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hypo?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by ally1, Sep 2, 2018.

1. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

I have never had a hypo, so not sure if I had one or not
    I had a reading of 3.6, as I have never been this low before, I then tested again 4 times, read between 3.6 and 3.8
    I tried a new pot of strips, tested 3 times, ranged between 3.5 and 3.8.
    I felt fine, except all morning I have been thirsty and drinking lots.
    Last time I felt thirsty and drinking lots was when I found out I was t2 and that was just over 4 years ago. Also have been weeing alot which I know because of drinking loads.
    I ate 9 jelly babies while I made some toast. Half hour later was 4.3 which I had expected to be alot higher because of the jelly babies and 2 slices of toast.
    I had tested on different fingers

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @ally1 ,

Not entirely sure when you tested with these figures & ate. What are your numbers now?
    What meds are you taking for your diabetes.?

I'll be honest, i've had 42 years experience of lows. But can't ever say i've felt dehydrated whilst hypo..
    Around the numbers you got, (in the mid 3) my lower field of vision might start to shimmer..

Thirsty whilst hyper.. Oh yes...

3. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

This was prelunch readings, lunch was ready to eat. Because they were in the 3,s, I thought better to eat some jelly babies and toast to bring them up.
    After 2 hours, 5.7. Pre meals, I am usually around 6 to 6.5 so the 5.7 is low for me especially after what I ate. Am slightly thirsty now so not as bad as before.
    I am on 2 x metformin aday and victoza.
    I posted as I worried but am not unwell

4. Jenniewren1958

Jenniewren1958 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @alley1 hope you are feeling better.
    When I go low I go very cold & pale & dizzy.
    Keep checking your bg.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi again,

To be fair to you. sounds like you did the right thing! :)

Might be worth keeping a close eye on the numbers? if this is a constant change? (Not a one off.)
    Maybe worth a med dosage review with yer Doc..

• Like Like x 1
    #5 Jaylee, Sep 2, 2018 at 4:03 PM
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  6. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

I will certainly keep an eye on my levels and if they stay the same, I will certainly see my gp

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ross.Walker

Ross.Walker Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello my friend, yes it is possible to have such results with no discernible reason , but as someone else said unless it shows a pattern I would not be worrying about it. Keep being great and testing to confirm that you are indeed great.

I was in the workshop for a few hours Saturday and came out at 3.8mmlol things, it happens, meant I could have a big old lunch and a cuppa

Ross

• Like Like x 2
  8. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

My numbers are slightly higher then yesterday. In the 4.s pre meals and then 6.s 2 hours after. I will keep and eye on them

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook