Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have never had a hypo, so not sure if I had one or not
I had a reading of 3.6, as I have never been this low before, I then tested again 4 times, read between 3.6 and 3.8
I tried a new pot of strips, tested 3 times, ranged between 3.5 and 3.8.
I felt fine, except all morning I have been thirsty and drinking lots.
Last time I felt thirsty and drinking lots was when I found out I was t2 and that was just over 4 years ago. Also have been weeing alot which I know because of drinking loads.
I ate 9 jelly babies while I made some toast. Half hour later was 4.3 which I had expected to be alot higher because of the jelly babies and 2 slices of toast.
I had tested on different fingers

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @ally1 ,

Not entirely sure when you tested with these figures & ate. What are your numbers now?
What meds are you taking for your diabetes.?

I'll be honest, i've had 42 years experience of lows. But can't ever say i've felt dehydrated whilst hypo..
Around the numbers you got, (in the mid 3) my lower field of vision might start to shimmer..

Thirsty whilst hyper.. Oh yes...

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
This was prelunch readings, lunch was ready to eat. Because they were in the 3,s, I thought better to eat some jelly babies and toast to bring them up.
After 2 hours, 5.7. Pre meals, I am usually around 6 to 6.5 so the 5.7 is low for me especially after what I ate. Am slightly thirsty now so not as bad as before.
I am on 2 x metformin aday and victoza.
I posted as I worried but am not unwell

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @alley1 hope you are feeling better.
When I go low I go very cold & pale & dizzy.
Keep checking your bg.

Reactions: ally1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This was prelunch readings, lunch was ready to eat. Because they were in the 3,s, I thought better to eat some jelly babies and toast to bring them up.
After 2 hours, 5.7. Pre meals, I am usually around 6 to 6.5 so the 5.7 is low for me especially after what I ate. Am slightly thirsty now so not as bad as before.
I am on 2 x metformin aday and victoza.
I posted as I worried but am not unwell

Hi again,

To be fair to you. sounds like you did the right thing! :)

Might be worth keeping a close eye on the numbers? if this is a constant change? (Not a one off.)
Maybe worth a med dosage review with yer Doc..

Last edited:
Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi again,

To be fair to you. sounds like you did the right thing! :)

Might be worth keeping a close eye on the numbers? if this is a constant change? (Not a one off.)
Maybe worth a med dosage review with yer Doc..
I will certainly keep an eye on my levels and if they stay the same, I will certainly see my gp

Reactions: Jaylee

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Hello my friend, yes it is possible to have such results with no discernible reason , but as someone else said unless it shows a pattern I would not be worrying about it. Keep being great and testing to confirm that you are indeed great.

I was in the workshop for a few hours Saturday and came out at 3.8mmlol things, it happens, meant I could have a big old lunch and a cuppa

Ross

Reactions: Serena51 and ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hello my friend, yes it is possible to have such results with no discernible reason , but as someone else said unless it shows a pattern I would not be worrying about it. Keep being great and testing to confirm that you are indeed great.

I was in the workshop for a few hours Saturday and came out at 3.8mmlol things, it happens, meant I could have a big old lunch and a cuppa

Ross
My numbers are slightly higher then yesterday. In the 4.s pre meals and then 6.s 2 hours after. I will keep and eye on them