Hypo's

pokertom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Salad cream, yuk yuk yuk. microwave ovens, they remove the art of cooking. Not being in control of my actions or errors Rather a perfectionist i'm afraid I like things right
Type 2 diabetic. On a few days I have had uncontrollable trembles and feeling unstable, dizzy. I had to lie down till I feel better.
Done a b/s check and got an 10 reading on my meter after breakfast. I did have a cuppa tea just before but only 1 sugar. Could this be a hypo. I am not on meds for my diabetics but I am for my heart (2 attacks )I am very aware of my diabetes and heart situation and do eat / drink with care. I am retired. with no stress related problems.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If your monitor said your blood sugar was 10 you certainly weren't hypo, you were hyper. A hypo is a blood sugar reading under 4.

Your avatar says you are type 1, your post says you are type 2. Which is correct? Are you on any blood sugar lowering medication? Could you have been running so high that 10 feels low for you, causing a false hypo?

pokertom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Salad cream, yuk yuk yuk. microwave ovens, they remove the art of cooking. Not being in control of my actions or errors Rather a perfectionist i'm afraid I like things right
If your monitor said your blood sugar was 10 you certainly weren't hypo, you were hyper. A hypo is a blood sugar reading under 4.

Your avatar says you are type 1, your post says you are type 2. Which is correct? Are you on any blood sugar lowering medication? Could you have been running so high that 10 feels low for you, causing a false hypo?
On my register it def said type 2 but it says type 1 as you said on my avat. I have rectified to type 2 . Thanks for that and thanks for the reply.As I check my B/S 3/4 a week it just wondered as the symptoms seem the same. Thanks again.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So you only test 3 or 4 times a week? Did you test when you had trembles, feeling unstable, dizziness? A blood sugar test is a moment in time test, unless your test of 10.2 was when you had the symptoms it doesn't really tell you whether the symptoms might be blood sugar related.