novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's been your lowest hypo? I've just had a 1.9 :O scary stuff

LaughingHyena

Re: Hypos

1.6, I knew I was low but no idea I was THAT low. Instead of stuffing in the jelly babies I set off upstairs to find another meter, 1.7. Then it finally kicked in I should probably eat some jelly babies.

Felt pretty miserable over the next few hours, and was quite worried about going to bed as it happened last thing at night.

Deanna_Griff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
• Minging hypos
• Uncontrollable highs
• People who think I can’t eat doughnuts.. haha

Lowest I've been is 2.3, but once I go below 3.5, I start shaking and loose concentration, sometimes get aggressive haha, I get hypos a lot! I've had one at least every day this week. I got diagnosed type 1 in February.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

On mdi would have at least one hypo a day, lowest being 1.6. Been on pump for 4 days today, and only one minor hypo at 3.9 in those four days. Also starting too get low feelings more at 4.5~5.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Lowest is 2.6, but I've only been diagnosed since February. I managed to stay above 4 mostly until my honeymoon period kicked in and between my pancreas and injections it seemed I was double dipping on the insulin! I imagine I'm bound to get a big hypo at some point eventually!

Embabe25

Thought mines was 1.3 but I found a reading book the other day and I had a 1.1 in it. I get shaky and irritable between 4 and 2.5. Lower and I don't get shaky I get very confused and can think of the words for things. I can't see either. I get kinda tunnel vision with a black spot in the middle.

A lot of you say you are wiped out for hours after a hypo. I feel fine as soon as my sugar goes up again. I don't know if its because I just have to get on with things or maybe because I always feel **** I just don't notice.

Seemed to hypo all night last night! Came home from work at 10pm. Made my mans lunch. Tested and I was around 4. Took my lantus. 35 units. I usually take 40 but because I was low I didn't. Ironed some shirts then started playing a game. Noticed I felt spacey so I had 2 teacakes and 2 packs of crisps. Tested after 15 mins and it was 3.3 so I had a mars bar. Went to slep at 12.30 and I was 2.9 at 7.30 this morning!

:-S

seansky

I think I must have been below 1 a couple of times when I was driving and started to sweat like a horse and feel light headed, trying to get of the freeway to get to a shop to buy sweets. A nightmare experience. Felt like a motor gasping for petrol. Testing was the last thing on my mind at the time. Other times about 1.5.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lowest I've been is 2.4 and didn't feel all that bad. I have however had a 3.1 and a 3.2 in the last 3 weeks and felt absolutely horrendous on both occasions. Not sure if this is because my blood has been very high of late.

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1

1.8 after being diagnosed, first time i injected novorapid and wasn't sure of the warning signs, just noticed i'd been yawning for the past 15minutes and thought "oh hey testing time" panic panic panic! Shoved an energy drink down me and i didn't go above 5mmol for the next 5 hours, this was when i was told to inject a set amount for whatever meal i was eating (before carb counting was explained!) i think i'd had a yoghurt which had 10g of sugar, 1hour later BAM lol.

Had a 2.8 today and felt vile!!

marie.T1

my lowest was 0.6 i was passed out and my partner checked my bm . i had had a traumatic weekend i had been with my grandad all weekend he was very very ill and passed away.

XBel

The lowest recorded level ive had was 0.8, recorded by a unrequired paramedic after i had already drunk most of a bottle of lucozade all by myself...

... currently drinking lucozade with a blood sugar level of 2.9!