I’m more sensitive to insulin

ironman81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I had significant hypos over last few nights with blood sugars dropping over 75% in first 90 minutes, could there be any factors that contribute to this I.e. kidney issues, internal bleeding etc, etc, I ask as i was in hospital recently with an infection, the associated vomiting caused early renal failure which re-compensated with fluids, it’s possibly bad carb calculating on my part but I’d thought I’d ask, hope all is well xxx

Last edited:

sgm14

Can't answer your question, but I was wondering the same thing recently. I am familiar with 'sick day rules' where I need more insulin than normal but several times over the years ( including about a week ago) I went through the opposite. However with me it normally only lasts for two or three days.

However, when you mention nights and dropping over 75% in first 90 minutes it make me pause. Before assuming a more serious issue, are you sure that the lows were not either a compression low (caused by you lying on the sensor) or what is sometimes called a lantus low where your long lasting insulin causes your blood sugar to plummet (not sure of the cause, but possibly when you happen to inject directly into a vein or into muscle)?