I am having so much trouble with my right foot

Mybesteffort

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was having a bad infection on my fourth right toe. It is pretty well good now. After three courses of antibiotic and anti fungal cream it is gone. The infection was really scary.

Now I have to see my gp again about itchy skin under my breasts, can't wear a bra comfortably, Cranky and itchy and sorry for the crankiness, just the whole thing is annoying.

I know this a girls thing. As a 55 plus lady nothing to do with diabetes, I went and had my breasts screened at KGH and lovely...no breast cancer troubles for me so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum. If you haven't already seen it, @daisy1 will hopefully be along to post the guide for newcomers.

Unfortunately high BG can cause infections (especially fungal) and slow healing. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get your BG down to the normal range. Do you have a glucometer? It's a great tool for tracking the effects that food/diet has on BG.

Reactions: 3 people

Mybesteffort

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi thanks.

The itchiness is so annoying and my gp doctor did give me fair warning that little fungal infection brats do like to munch on their sugar (my way of speaking, not my dear doctor).

I am working on getting a glucometer plus strips and understand that thist is a great tool.

Diabetes.co.uk at this community has posted the guide for me and thank you for giving the heads up.

Thank you for your reply and i know it sounds silly, but I am itchy cranky (Canadian girl used to battling mosquitoes).

Stay well.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi thanks.

The itchiness is so annoying and my gp doctor did give me fair warning that little fungal infection brats do like to munch on their sugar (my way of speaking, not my dear doctor).

I am working on getting a glucometer plus strips and understand that thist is a great tool.

Diabetes.co.uk at this community has posted the guide for me and thank you for giving the heads up.

Thank you for your reply and i know it sounds silly, but I am itchy cranky (Canadian girl used to battling mosquitoes).

Stay well.
In my experience, if the itchiness is caused by a rash then hydrocortisone cream may help. If that's not enough, antihistamines can sometimes help too. Is there a chance your laundry powder could be a cause?

When my BGs were higher I used to have ongoing problems with fungal infections on my feet and also under my tummy. Antifungal cream helped, but only after I found out that drying the areas with a hair dryer kills the bugs :)

Reactions: 3 people

Mybesteffort

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my experience, if the itchiness is caused by a rash then hydrocortisone cream may help. If that's not enough, antihistamines can sometimes help too. Is there a chance your laundry powder could be a cause?

When my BGs were higher I used to have ongoing problems with fungal infections on my feet and also under my tummy. Antifungal cream helped, but only after I found out that drying the areas with a hair dryer kills the bugs :)

OK thank you. I am not having much success getting the itchiness and red patches to go away and have been using the antifungal creme and also "Tinactin" powder. The problem is under my breasts. I haven't tried hydroctisone cream for the itch/redpatch and have decided that I'll let the doctor take a look. I tend to try to self care and not bother the doctor and my doctor visits are covered, so I am kicking myself to the doctor more than I am used to doing.

Oh goodness..who knew hair dryers have so many uses. I was frozen into my own home one winter and advised to use the hair dryer to get the door unstuck and get myself out. :)

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
OK thank you. I am not having much success getting the itchiness and red patches to go away and have been using the antifungal creme and also "Tinactin" powder. The problem is under my breasts. I haven't tried hydroctisone cream for the itch/redpatch and have decided that I'll let the doctor take a look. I tend to try to self care and not bother the doctor and my doctor visits are covered, so I am kicking myself to the doctor more than I am used to doing.

Oh goodness..who knew hair dryers have so many uses. I was frozen into my own home one winter and advised to use the hair dryer to get the door unstuck and get myself out. :)
Yes I think you are right to see the doctor about it, and about anything like this that crops up really.

I had seen various GPs and locums and had antifungal creams but it was my new GP who mentioned the hair dryer trick. I could have had the problem sorted within a few days if I had known about that. So, I hope it helps you, if that's the cause of the rash.

Also remember to pat the area dry with a towel instead of rubbing it.

Good luck!