I am over reacting?

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi Simon, it would be good to know how you are getting on sometime in the future as there has been a lot of helpful advice so far. I really feel for you, as a Type 2 diabetic, a bullied science teacher, a union rep and as someone who eventually saw the light. I have been all of those things!

simonr101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know what it's like being diabetic but really have not got a clue.
Hi Simon, it would be good to know how you are getting on sometime in the future as there has been a lot of helpful advice so far. I really feel for you, as a Type 2 diabetic, a bullied science teacher, a union rep and as someone who eventually saw the light. I have been all of those things!

Hey, next week is a little quieter at work, so will have more of a chance to do something. I am going to speak to the Union rep and the doc next week. hope it can help. I know I am making a lot of progress mending bridges with the student body after last years hell on Earth. They got the brunt of my mood swings from the depression, life is easier when the students are on your side.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hey, next week is a little quieter at work, so will have more of a chance to do something. I am going to speak to the Union rep and the doc next week. hope it can help. I know I am making a lot of progress mending bridges with the student body after last years hell on Earth. They got the brunt of my mood swings from the depression, life is easier when the students are on your side.

Good to hear that things are improving!

I just remembered to mention that sometimes if you are on a down swing that you can subconsciously block good advice. I can recall times when I just didn't listen to good sense.

Each time you think "I couldn't do that." just review why not.
For example, taking a minute to eat something between lessons.
Yes, you do have time.
You are important.
Trivial things can wait.
30 seconds off the ending lesson.
30 seconds off the next lesson.
There you go - time to eat a snack! :)

Oh, and always remember that students are pack animals and they sense any weakness.
I shudder to remember how we treated our Science teachers straight out of University.
We were not very nice at all.
Show them self confidence (even if you don't have any) and they will go after weaker prey.
Maximum respect for anyone who becomes a teacher!
It is emphatically a job that I couldn't do.

Reactions: simonr101