I am so sad :-(

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to have you back Whitbyjet :)

Haven't stopped thinking about you, what you are going through and how you must be feeling.

It's good that you are feeling better and more positive.

Marina
x

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WhitbyJet, (((((HUGS)))))

It's a very sobering thought to think these complications can happen even with such good control as you have. Hope you soon feel better. (((((HUGS)))))

Ann x

WhitbyJet

Aw bless, thank you all so much for your support, it means so much and has helped.
The eye clinic have called me back for Thursday this week to give me another good check uo they said, I will keep you updated on this issue.
Yes, Ann19, it is a very sobering thought to think that these things happen despite good control, just goes to show that none of us can afford to be complacent.
I hope and pray that all of us in this forum and all our families can be healthy.
Thank yoiu again for caring so much.
x x

jacks69

The same thing happened to a friend of mine whilst he was recovering in hosp from guillian barre syndrom (a rare nerve disorder) - doctors at first thought he had a stroke that had affected the eye - but the black spot didnt go away. After several visits for laser treatment on the eye there are some areas of bleeding. The optometrist has advised that as soon as the bleeds stop this black spotting will eventually disperse but will take a while to go. He has good diabetic control through insulin and metformin medication and he really finds the black spots and what he describes as little worms floating in his eye irritating and he jokes espec when watching football - the ball is kicked disappears behind the black spot in his eye and reappears the other side haha. He has also been advised to ensure he has good blood pressure too as this will help. Hope yours disperses soon

sherbert12

Don't worry and keep smiling. I am 42 years old and am now almost blind, my kidneys are dropping down each time i get my results.... but i am building a website to raise monet to the local blind society who have helped me so much... so 2012 i am going wing walking power kite flying on a mountain board i cant wait,, so keep smiling and live life to the full and above all have fun doing it whitby XX

Unbeliever

Funnny thing but although I have bilateral retinopathy and bilateral maculopathy I have never had [except as a result of teatment} any but the tiniest floaters and no obvious "black holes".

I have suffered other problems but none so obvious. I have been legallly blind and have irreversible damage to my retina. My consultant tells me that one of my eyes shows a great improvement but the other eye is vvery bad and awaiting further treatment.From my point of view {literally} the situation is totally the opposite Strange. he can't understand it.

If I were not being constantly monitoreI would be unaware of any episode of bleeding. I know mine has been continuous for a few years but someimes I am told I have suffered a major bleed.

Perhaps it is as well {although frighening } to have evidence of something going wrong . Otherwise it may go undetected until the next check up

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sherbert12 said:
Don't worry and keep smiling. I am 42 years old and am now almost blind, my kidneys are dropping down each time i get my results.... but i am building a website to raise monet to the local blind society who have helped me so much... so 2012 i am going wing walking power kite flying on a mountain board i cant wait,, so keep smiling and live life to the full and above all have fun doing it whitby XX

I admire your courage facing adversity with such a positive attitude.............good luck with the fund-raising! :)

Helenababe

Didn't see your post till now Whitby. I'm sorry for what's happened to you. I have always had good control too but was diagnosed with Background retinopathy 16 months ago. Cried for a week, and thought the world had ended, but after doing alot of research, and found out about all the treatments available, it gave me hope back.

Best Wishes,
Helena

Unbeliever

As the weather was better than I expected today I went for my usual walk. Just a couple of miles.

" hrs after lunch my bs was 5.5. When I returned it was 3.3 ,to my surprise. It is usually i n the early 4's. Now bs is back in the 5s but my left eye is very blurry. and all straight lines are wavy and every everything has bits missing.
In other words I have had another bleed.

Just can't win!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
WhitbyJet
I would be sad too and you have my sympathy.
It's worth remembering too that such things don't only happen to diabetics. It might not be diabetes related.
Hana

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Just read your post Judith, hope you are feeling a little better and God bless, Debra x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Unbeliever said:
As the weather was better than I expected today I went for my usual walk. Just a couple of miles.

" hrs after lunch my bs was 5.5. When I returned it was 3.3 ,to my surprise. It is usually i n the early 4's. Now bs is back in the 5s but my left eye is very blurry. and all straight lines are wavy and every everything has bits missing.
In other words I have had another bleed.

Just can't win!

Sorry to read that Unbeliever, hope the bleed clears soon!

Unbeliever

Thanks Noblehead, My vision is no beter today . I think It may be that he effects of the last steroid injecin and laser treatment have worn off.
Bit scary as there is litle room for more laser. As i is impossible o keep my levels on a totally even keel and low seems worse tha the occasional high will just have to live with it.

Thats the frustratig part isn't it? Eve if you eat the same meals and do he same amount of exercise and take the same medication ther are so many other factors it is difficult if not impossible to get the same results each time.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Unbeliever said:
Thats the frustratig part isn't it? Eve if you eat the same meals and do he same amount of exercise and take the same medication ther are so many other factors it is difficult if not impossible to get the same results each time.

Yes it can be frustrating sometimes but that is the nature of diabetes, I think it's even worse for type 2's who....due to limitations on test strips may not spot these changes immediately.

Unbeliever

It is because of my macular oedema that I will do without other things to ensure i have test strips.

On this occasion I was immmediately aware that I had suffered a bleed. I cant usually tell.

I am allowed test strips because I take 1mg glimepiride. I would like to be able to do without it but it is that or insulin. Now that my levels are in the low 6's they keep trying to sop this one tablet.

I only ask for a tub of 50 every few months now . As I have one touch ultra his in effect means you get avbout half this amount. if I was sure I would always be able to buy them myself I would never ask for any as I feel very sorry for those who can't get strips atl. The dr has ot restricted me - I do it myself.

At least I can understand why these things happen sometimes and can link them o a particular event
Not that it helps- what can I do? Avoid exercise and low readigs? :roll:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi .
Unbeliever its a catch 22 sometimes with type2 go too low and let you have the test strips , reach acceptable levels lose the tablet and possibly the test strips too !!!
As if you dont already have other things to monitor and balance with .... x
Poor WhitbeyJet [[[hug]]] doing so well and yet still caught out by the risks of diabetes complications despite fantastic levels and sheer hard work to keep things as stable as humanly possible.
Its times like this when the " unfairness of things " kicks in and knocks you down.
Remember WE are ALL here for you both , for the grim days as well as the good.
We ALL share the same journey and DO feel for you.
Do keep in touch and let us know how you are please .
Much love and thoughts .
Anna.x

Defren

WJ I am so sorry. As a newly diagnosed (two weeks today) I am hyper aware of what can go wrong, and the more I read the more I learn. If you had asked me a month ago to list the complications of Diabetes, I wouldn't have been able to name one. The only thing I 'knew' was diabetics could end up in a coma. Sadly, that truly was how ignorant of this condition I was. Now, thanks to you and many others, I know so much more. I feel I can help myself now. That is due to this forum, and this forum alone. I wish you all the luck in the world, and hope above hope that you can get back to a place where things are better. I have neuropathy in my hands, and I feel lucky. Lucky because it is my hands, and not too serious (yet) and not my eyes. (((WJ)))

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Big hugs to you WJ....I hope that it is all getting better now. You are always really nice to people and give really good advice and yummy recipies (i need to get stuck in and try some :) )

take care xx

WhitbyJet

Awwbless, thank you so much for your kind comments, I think I am ok, for now anyway, I had a check up at the eye clinic 10 days ago and all was fine.
Just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens next, just goes to show how deceiving this blasted diabetes can be :sick:
All we can do is try to be as healthy as we possibly can, and hope for the best, we dont get guarantees.

Thank you again, take care x x