I cant stop eating?!

Gigi K

Hello all

These past few weeks my appetite has grown immensely!! I have been eating an entire block of sharing dairy milk... and so on
Iv never binged on chocolate before, was never too fond but recently iv gone all in!!!
Also late night eating i will snack late in the night.... this is another new issue.... more bad food snacking more corrections.... i just cant stop eating!!!!
((PS I AM NOT PREGNANT ITS IMPOSSIBLE LOL))
Yes iv had more hypos in recent weeks due to change in life, circumstances, living, etc. But heck surely one doesnt eat enough for three due to that.
Was hoping someone could shed some light? Does this happen to anyone else, or am i just a strange human? (I hope not!) Xg

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Gigi K, And with Easter just around the corner!!

If all T1Ds that had binges were called strange the world would be full of them.

If you are having more hypos do you need to discuss your insulin doses with your DSN/doctor?

Could the stress of changes in your life be causing you to comfort-eat?

If you look at the Home Page, Type 1 on the menu you will see a number of diets mentioned.

You could look at the pluses and minuses of each and maybe discuss that and your cravings with
a dietitian or your DSN.

Best Wishes:):):)

........ IMG_3094.jpg

Reactions: Gigi K
M

Member496333

One potential cause of binge eating can be that your body has depleted some essential nutrients and is making you continually eat in the hope that you’ll put back in whatever is missing. This is something I heard about recently. Could be a possibility in the event of uncharacteristic ravenous hunger.

Obviously it’s impossible to say if this is the case for you.

Reactions: Gigi K

Gigi K

Hi @Gigi K, And with Easter just around the corner!!

If all T1Ds that had binges were called strange the world would be full of them.

If you are having more hypos do you need to discuss your insulin doses with your DSN/doctor?

Could the stress of changes in your life be causing you to comfort-eat?

If you look at the Home Page, Type 1 on the menu you will see a number of diets mentioned.

You could look at the pluses and minuses of each and maybe discuss that and your cravings with
a dietitian or your DSN.

Best Wishes:):):)

........View attachment 32210

Thank you i will have a read through, i think i may simply be comfort eating but its going to have to stop because im just getting bigger and bigger! Xg

Gigi K

One potential cause of binge eating can be that your body has depleted some essential nutrients and is making you continually eat in the hope that you’ll put back in whatever is missing. This is something I heard about recently. Could be a possibility in the event of uncharacteristic ravenous hunger.

I have never heard of that before, its interesting to know, and research into furthur, thank you for this, new knowledge Xg

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

I've heard sodium/potassium/magnesium levels contribute to this sort of thing?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Start with one meal at a time. Ensure it isn't too heavily carb loaded.
Next meal should be easier and so forth.

Ensure any insulin is for your body and not to compensate for heavy sweetcraving foods.
How is your energy levels?

Is your hypos due to too much insulin?

Linda Kaufman

This really happens, I read that the effects of stress come after a couple of months. Perhaps you've been limiting your eating? The brain hasn't finished a few times, and now it's afraid you'll starve it again.

Knightrider

Hiya, if you are eating a lot more than usual and having a bit of a binge on chocolate, I'n confused as to how you are having hypos? I'd have thought your blodd sugars would be too high, not so low you get hypos. Mind I suppose it depends what your 'target' blood sugar level is and at what point you you define 'a hypo'. For me I'm aware I'm low at 2.5.