I don't get it. Can someone explain?

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, so I am a 100% diet controlled type 2. As such, I am so strict with what I eat which ticks me off every so often but best not go there!
So on Friday I ate.
7am: Slice granary toast, flora spread and pear (what I always have).
11am: 2 rye crackers with 2 tablespoons grated mature cheese and an apple.
1.30pm: Apple. (I was running late for a meeting so hence had to grab whatever I could eat and walk with).
4.30pm: A Krispy Creme donut and Americano coffee (semi skimmed milk).
7pm: Large portion of Sushi, Greek yogurt with passion fruit and mango compote.
10pm: Glass of milk and 4 rich tea.

Ok, it was a bad day for me! I mean I never have donuts and I always have a small portion of Sushi. So I was expecting a bad reading this morning.
No!
I don't understand it. Do you?

whatashock

My wife and I have a game we play. Guess the level.

I do seem to have some strange readings, and when I analyse it, still dont know why.

Doczoc

TBH I would consider a morning reading of 5.9 a little hight for me. I am usually mid 4s on waking, but I guess I'm lucky with the dawn phenomenon! I've never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut. I'd love to go and buy a tray like you see in the American films sometimes LOL Hmmmmmm

gbtyke

With my limited understanding - most of what you ate would convert quickly to glucose so your after meal levels would have been high. Overnight your body would have been able to clear your system and be ready for the next day due to being Type 2 insulin resistant which means you have insulin it just takes time for it to get your glucose into your muscles and organs?

Am I right you experts?

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting comments people.
Doczoc: I haven't until this reading had anything below 6.5 so a 5.9 is like a blooming miracle! Will see what next one is (I ran out of strips accidentally so will have to pick them up after work tomorrow).

gbtyke: Ah I see where you're coming from but alas, not for me! When I have a carb filled dinner, the next morning, my levels are normally over 7.