I Don't Know What To Do

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two months ago a friend offered to drive me to the little town where I hope to move. There is a senior apartment building there and I am on their waiting list for an apartment. This is a very good friend but not one I know well.
Seven weeks ago the apartment building manager told me that he would send me a list of the paperwork I need to collect, to bring to him. He said it would take him about 3 weeks to get the list together and send it to me. I decided not to count the week before Christmas and the week after, since people so often slow down on office work at Christmastime. So, minus those two weeks, it has been five weeks.
Three days ago I tried to call my friend to see if they can still do the trip, if and when I get the paperwork list from the apartment manager; we had hoped to make the trip during January and I suddenly realized January was coming to an end. I left a voice mail.

So far I have received nothing from the apartment manger and my friend has not returned my call.

I don't know what to do.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two months ago a friend offered to drive me to the little town where I hope to move. There is a senior apartment building there and I am on their waiting list for an apartment. This is a very good friend but not one I know well.
Seven weeks ago the apartment building manager told me that he would send me a list of the paperwork I need to collect, to bring to him. He said it would take him about 3 weeks to get the list together and send it to me. I decided not to count the week before Christmas and the week after, since people so often slow down on office work at Christmastime. So, minus those two weeks, it has been five weeks.
Three days ago I tried to call my friend to see if they can still do the trip, if and when I get the paperwork list from the apartment manager; we had hoped to make the trip during January and I suddenly realized January was coming to an end. I left a voice mail.

So far I have received nothing from the apartment manger and my friend has not returned my call.

I don't know what to do.

That's very frustrating Saskia, but there can be all manner of reasons stuff goes awry.

Personally? My first action would be to call the apartment manager and remind him. With the holiday season and the overly excited and busy lead up, things can be forgotten, then add in the catching up and getting back into the swing of things after New Year, it might just have been overlooked.

Depending on how I felt, I'd either wait until I had the papers, and could gauge how long I might need to complete them, then call my friend again. By then you might be able to be really up-beat and positive about it all,.... "the apartment manager sent me those papers, like he promised. I reckon I will have them done by the weekend (or whatever). Would we be able to drive out there some time, like you. Suggested a while ago?"

Alternatively, if you are concerned your friend is OK, you could call again saying she's gone a bit quiet, and you're calling to ensure she's OK.

You know how you feel about it. Your friend may. Have the winter flu, or be on holiday, her can might be broken, or she might even have lost her phone - nightmare! So many things have potential to get in the way of the best of intentions.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, @DCUKMod . Those sound like good ideas to me. And, now I think about it, I think the apartment manager does have young children ... so Christmas was probably super busy. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, @DCUKMod . Those sound like good ideas to me. And, now I think about it, I think the apartment manager does have young children ... so Christmas was probably super busy. :)

With the madness that Christmas and New Year disruptions bring, I'm sure many things get forgotten, or left longer than ideal in the catch up time afterwards.